Hacking game issue after update

kiffy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys, appologies if this has been asked before on here, i have had a look around and couldnt find any answers.

ive got a mates sons wii here tha thas been chipped with a wiinja delux modchip, some time ago i installed the homebrew channel and running gecko from the sd card on 3.2 firmware he was able to play his games ok, then at christmas someone bought his son a genuine game which updated the wii to 4.1. when he tried to play new backups he also had for christmas they wouldnt work so i had it back and following the amazing modify any wii thread from XZXero i updated it to 4.2 and put neogamma r8 beta13 on the sd card.

sadly this doesnt seem to have fixed the issue and when loading a dvdr through neogamma i get the 'error #001, unauthorized device has been detected' message is there anything i can do to sort this out for him?

thanks
kiffy..

kiffy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi, since posting i found the beta 15 (same as in your link) tried it and got the same problem.. so i tried the softchip loader and got the same error as well
frown.gif

tylerzentz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
that's all i can recommend trying as I don't know much about modchips and you have one involved in this situation. just wait to see if someone else has a suggestion.

tylerzentz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
download neogamma r8RC1 (or the auto mod based on that version, which can be found by following the link in my signature)

make sure u have cios249 rev17 installed... that should fix u right up!

i didn't know there was a later version than r8 beta15. Filetrip needs to be updated; it's not on there
blink.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
tylerzentz said:
xflak40 said:
download neogamma r8RC1 (or the auto mod based on that version, which can be found by following the link in my signature)

i didn't know there was a later version than r8 beta15. Filetrip needs to be updated; it's not on there
blink.gif
http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=9685

just like your link, its the channel

tylerzentz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

kiffy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xflak40 said:

thanks for all the replies guys, it is appreciated. one question though... im a real beginner in all the wii stuff so im wondering how would i check if i have ciod249 rev 17 installed? im guessing posting links to where i could get it is dodgy sowould google be able to help me?

tylerzentz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you're not sure if it is already installed, it's perfectly ok to install it (again). If it's already there, it will just write over it and put it right back on. Here's the installer. Rename the "cIOS38_rev17-Installer.dol" to "boot.dol" and put it in your apps folder on your SD card. Then load it from the Homebrew Channel (there won't be a picture for it, just text) and when the installer loads up, choose to install the cIOS using 249 and tell it to install from "Network" if you have WiFi.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
tylerzentz said:
If you're not sure if it is already installed, it's perfectly ok to install it (again). If it's already there, it will just write over it and put it right back on. Here's the installer. Rename the "cIOS38_rev17-Installer.dol" to "boot.dol" and put it in your apps folder on your SD card. Then load it from the Homebrew Channel (there won't be a picture for it, just text) and when the installer loads up, choose to install the cIOS using 249 and tell it to install from "Network" if you have WiFi.
If you use my upload (the link xflak gave), you don't need to rename to boot.dol and there will be an image
wink.gif

tylerzentz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
tylerzentz said:
If you use my upload (the link xflak gave), you don't need to rename to boot.dol and there will be an image
wink.gif
True dat, homie.

kiffy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well thanks yet again for the help, ive got the installer that xflak gave me a ink to, googled and downloaded IOS38-64-v3867.wad as i dont have wifi access on the wii, put it on the sd card and im getting an error when i run the installer

kiffy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
its ok, im an idiot! i put the file in the wrong place
blink.gif

put it in the right place, installed the file ok, tried the game with the new neogamma and still getting the error #001

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.