Foie

That one guy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
+1 reason for me to hate Apple! (That puts me somewhere OVER 9000)

This just shows how Apple competes.

And there has to be some douchy german court that ruins it for the rest of Europe.

megawalk said:
yeah true...let's arm ourselves i guess ? nah....wait for lulzsec...or anony"DDoS"mous

I sure hope Apple gets their fat asses hacked.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Scott-105 said:
raulpica has a point. Just that connector is a huge rip off. If they copied a lot of things, they deserve it.

I believe Apple sued them over technical similarities though, like the GUI and possibly some of the internals which isn't really all that much IMO. If the court used the connector as its base for their decision I'll shoot myself
blink.gif
I think Apple is just trying to take out their competition, I have a china wholesale Android tablet that looks EXACTLY like an iPad, with the same connector and everything. The only difference was it was smaller. Apple should sue the company who made these but AFAIK they haven't as they are still being sold. Apple is just a sore loser and a giant douchebag of a corporation.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
*sigh*

I hate Apple.
The one annoying thing here though, is that they kind of have a point with that connector.

Did they patent that too?
rolleyes.gif

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, the connector is one thing. That's just bad on Samsung's part.

But in terms of UI, it may look similar but it will never make someone mistake a Samsung Tab for an Apple iPad; they're not THAT similar. If you really think about it, all devices are similar in one way or another. The fact that Apple has a patent on things like 4 icon dock is repulsive.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tanveer said:
How does Apple fail? lol
Anyway, who sued first? All these sueing these days is hard to follow -.-

Either way, dont think galaxy tab was selling that well anyway.
Of course it wasn't selling very well, it's fucking terrible. Any tablet that doesn't have a 10 inch screen is destined to fail since that is the norm.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
DSGamer64 said:
Any tablet that doesn't have a 10 inch screen is destined to fail since that is the norm.
The sad thing is, I bet if Apple made a 6 inch iPad it would sell.
dry.gif

Don't they buy patents for just about anything and then sue the companies if they spot that they can get a lot of money out of them or just hurt the competition?

And no one patented having a screen or an off button? Oh dear, they could have sued Apple for that.
ohnoes.png

DunkrWunkah

GBAtemp's Official Dunkr
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DSGamer64 said:
Tanveer said:
How does Apple fail? lol
Anyway, who sued first? All these sueing these days is hard to follow -.-

Either way, dont think galaxy tab was selling that well anyway.
Of course it wasn't selling very well, it's fucking terrible. Any tablet that doesn't have a 10 inch screen is destined to fail since that is the norm.

Are you saying that any tablet that has a screen either smaller, or larger than 10 inches will fail? Just because it's the norm? What if they have something to offer that can make up for that? I think assuming it's trash just because of the screen size is a bit naive.

tiggerlator

Trophies
XP
Country
Were's anonymous when you need them, i hope they come and take a big bite out of apple. I cant wait for them to get taken down a peg or two.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Evo.lve said:
IIRC, Samsung makes the SoC's, and all the innards of iDevices.

Good fucking job, Apple.

(makes me feel bad to be typing this on a Macbook right now)
only the NAND

DragLeben

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't get why people are all hyped up when it comes to Apple products.
I gave away my iPod because it's a pain to use due to it's stupid security restrictions.

MaximusDecemus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think you are all missing the big problem: how the hell can a company go to a court in Germany to apply a ban to the selling of a product in other European countries except Holland. I find it disturbing that a foreign court can impose its judgements on Ireland or any other country. Of course, this is not Germany's fault, as apparently apple could have gone to any European court to gain this continental ban.

And another thing- how the hell are the Dutch being excluded from this? You smart arses! You always have your excuses ready!
grog.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.