G6 Lite still getting official support?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Remy, Dec 19, 2007.

Dec 19, 2007
  1. Remy
    OP

Member Remy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It's been a while since there's been a G6 Lite update...

Does anyone know if it's still being supported/updated? I really wish the GUI for the GBA was improved... Also there are a lot of missing cheats and pictures for the GBA games.

2. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    The last update for the slot 2 G6 carts was released just under two weeks ago. They haven't added new features in a long time, but they are still releasing compatibility updates.

That's the DS side of the G6 software though; The GBA loader hasn't been updated in well over a year, and I'm guessing it won't ever be updated again.

3. test84

Member test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Iran
    Since it is not open source, Is there such way that we be able to update it ourselves when they stop putting patches? As I understood, the most important thing is save sizes.

4. B4N5H33

Newcomer B4N5H33 Advanced Member

Germany
    i hope the GBA and the DS side of the G6Lite will have further support since i am missing some screens for GBA, too...

5. Sweater Fish Del

Member Sweater Fish Del GBAtemp Regular

United States
  6. scandal_uk

Member scandal_uk GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    It is supported software-wise, however, as a discontinued range it has little life left in it.

When support is finally dropped, maybe the G6 team will release some of their code as there are enough of us to keep the thing going...

[​IMG]

7. GH0ST

Member GH0ST Your Hero is a Ghost

France
    As said by Destructobot don't expect anything new ... except lame games patches ( i don't really care since i've got a slot1 ) ... they even never release sources for the dldi code ( it was reversed and coded by viruseb ) or update moonshell or the extend gba ... What a pity !

The G6 lite was an expensive promising slot2 card in 2006 but since it is slowly dying by a total lack of support.

I will not anymore buy a "new hip" product from them. They even do not answer about how to recover from faulty cards or lost password and so on ...

Yeah sorry [​IMG] ... i love my G6 lite ;-)