G6 Lite or M3 Perfect Minisd

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Anubis, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Anubis
    OP

Anubis GBAtemp Fan

Dec 5, 2005
    Portugal
    Since they both seem very similar I was wondering if there's any issues I should know about before I start using either one.
    Menu wise they seem very similar, does anyone know if either of them has any compatibility issues?
    If you guys had to chose one cart to use 100% of the time, which one would you go for?

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    M3 if only because a nice removable SD card is far nicer to deal with the failed version of than embedded memory like the G6.

Both are GBA flash carts with RTC and memory fast enough to run GBA games. Being from the same team (more or less) they have the same loader (ish) with the same features.

3. Anubis
    OP

Anubis GBAtemp Fan

Dec 5, 2005
    Portugal
    Another question that maybe you or someone else knows. G6's latest updates seem to be Kernel: v4.8 and UDisk: v5.1. M3 seems to be on v36a for the GameManager but I can't seem to find any kernel, did they never release any kernel updates?

4. www.flashlinker-

www.flashlinker- Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2006
    Gambia, The
    Yes they did....kernel update e35 for example in a package with Game Manager V36...can't remember if there were newer updates available, too.

5. Anubis
    OP

Anubis GBAtemp Fan

Dec 5, 2005
    Portugal

You're right, just found the files. It seems e35 is the latest firmware, 36 seems to have been released but only in Chinese.