Hacking G6 Lite - Not saving games.

Seerkin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me begin by saying, thanks to anyone who can help me with this most annoying issue.

Playing DS games is no problem on my G6 lite, infact up until a little while ago nothing was.
My problem began today when I booted up my G6 to play some DoS.. only my save game
was NOT there when i went to "select data". Upon booting other games I found that their save
files were ALSO GONE. I removed the g6 from the DS and proceeded to delete the files using the
G6 manager, I then deleted everything left over in the "NDS" folder and updated the unit to 4.6d.

After doing the above, I went back into U-Disk manager software and added the games back onto the
G6 lite. I boot up castlevania dawn of sorrow and get to the first save point, I save my game.. walk around
a bit.. and then shut off the DS. I boot the DS up and select DoS.. but once again upon selecting "select file"
it gives me NO continue options.. there are NO save files.

For some reason my G6 lite will now NOT save games... I have NO clue why. I have tried
several different things including safe mode write.. nothing works so far.

Anyone who can help me, I appreciate it very very much. Thank you for taking the time out.

zatelli

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
If it happens that your G6's battery runs dry, it won't save anymore. Check this out first: boot your G6, at the top of it's menu, you'll see a battery icon? This reflects your G6's battery charge level, make sure it hasn't run dry. If it has, then recharge it by connecting your G6 Lite to your computer until it's fully recharged.
I bet this should fix your issue, if not, make sure to report back.
smile.gif

Seerkin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it happens that your G6's battery runs dry, it won't save anymore. Check this out first: boot your G6, at the top of it's menu, you'll see a battery icon? This reflects your G6's battery charge level, make sure it hasn't run dry. If it has, then recharge it by connecting your G6 Lite to your computer until it's fully recharged.
smile.gif

pretty sure it was fully charged, I went ahead and did a format using the guide I found on here.. lol writing the game now.. i will see what it does and report back in a few.

Formated.. still same crap.

Games will not save, it was hooked into the PC formatting for awhile also, so it can't be the battery.. I have no idea why but my games will not save, went to the statue.. saved it and shut it off, then on.

Bah..
frown.gif

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is the screen that says it's loading come up after you reset back to the main menu? If not then there's nothing in sram to flush aka dead battery. If it still comes up, I suggest doing the usual low formatting and using the master reset codes. You can search for the method to do those things easily.

Seerkin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the screen that says it's loading come up after you reset back to the main menu?  If not then there's nothing in sram to flush aka dead battery.  If it still comes up, I suggest doing the usual low formatting and using the master reset codes.  You can search for the method to do those things easily.

When I power on the DS it goes to the Nopass screen, it one time said "processing data" (but for the most part it DONT do this) then it shows the main menu with my games on it. I click on a game and it shows a green circle, the game boots up just fine but none of my save files are intact.

I noticed an error with castlevania when i booted up and did not rush through the menus, it says to me "the save data is corrupted - deleted"

Dont know if that helps you solving my issue or not, but it says it.

Could you possibly point me in the right directions of everything I will need to do to repair my g6? I thank you for your assistance. I searched the forums and found nothing about a master reset code.

Would low formatting = useing the mputility? or going and choosing format with windows.. sorry I am a bit of a newb to all of this.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would use the mputil to do a low level format of the card, then format the card FAT16 (FAT) through widnows. Then boot up the G6 in GBA mode and when the green text comes up, I think the master reset code is L/R/Select/Start and clear the main memory. Then retransfer your roms again via the latest u-disk manager. Good luck.

P.S. When the screen comes up that says processing data, that means it's writing the temporary battery powered sram back onto the save file (.0 since it always writes and loads from the default slot). If what I outlined doesn't work, you could very well have a defective g6 since the sram seems corrupted and cannot store the saves correctly. Hence the corrupt save with DOS.

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I bet this should fix your issue, if not, make sure to report back.Â
smile.gif

OBJECTION!

The battery icon on the G6 Lite menu displays the current status of the DS battery, not the G6Lite.

Try the reformat procedures and if you have no success return your unit since the battery is dead.

Seerkin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smile.gif

OBJECTION!

The battery icon on the G6 Lite menu displays the current status of the DS battery, not the G6Lite.

Try the reformat procedures and if you have no success return your unit since the battery is dead.

How can I go about returning it if I am unable to fix it? I have had it since.. I believe late summer 06.

How does one get ahold of the manufacturer?

Thanks for all this great help guys.
bow.gif

Seerkin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can try emailing the store you bought it from or contact the m3team.  www.m3adapter.com and see if Danny will try to help you.

Thanks Tama.

I followed your steps above and the games still will not save with the regular method, my guess is that it is indeed the battery. I will contact the M3 team post haste.

Thanks a ton for the assistance.

- btw the M3 team is responsible for the G6 lite?

Also, is there any OTHER method for saving my game progress? I could deal with the possibility of only being able to save 1 game at a time.. if need be.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes the m3 team is responsible for the g6 lite, I don't think it's the battery. The reason why is because if it were, you can get around it simply by saving, then soft reset the game and it'll save the game properly when the processing data screen comes up. Something is faulty on the sram side not writing to the default save slot (.0 file).

Seerkin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes the m3 team is responsible for the g6 lite, I don't think it's the battery.  The reason why is because if it were, you can get around it simply by saving, then soft reset the game and it'll save the game properly when the processing data screen comes up.  Something is faulty on the sram side not writing to the default save slot (.0 file).

I have actually never tried a soft reset on the unit, I am speaking of the default saver method inside the game it's self. I will give it a try and post back.

**EDIT**

Ok i tried the soft reset, it's TOTALLY the Sram at fault here.. my G6 is borked.

The game did not save, even with soft reset.

IS there a 1 year warranty on the product through M3? So I can ship it in and have it repaired at least..?

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
it's not a battery issue if you cannot save the sram contents correctly even with soft reset. And first try to contact the people who sold you the g6, then go to the m3 team and see what they can offer you.

Seerkin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's not a battery issue if you cannot save the sram contents correctly even with soft reset. And first try to contact the people who sold you the g6, then go to the m3 team and see what they can offer you.

I ordered it from Realhotstuff.com

It has been more than 90 days for sure, I do not believe they are obligated to help me any longer.
I have read on g6flash.com that the G6 lite comes with a 1 year guarantee.. I have sent an email to
the M3 team via the support link on their website which you linked me to, that was 3 or 4 days ago.

I have YET to recieve a reply back from them, am I using the right channels if I wish to get this fixed?

Flukes

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Seerkin, I had the near identical problem as you. Though, I never found a fix, you can read about it here; http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=37985&hl=

In the end I managed to get a replacement from the reseller, but there was much hassle and wait involved. Even though on the G6 Lite website they say; "As our products have passed strict test before delivery, we are 100% confident about our products, we offer a year free guarantee, if any product undergoes fault within the period, we will replace it free of charge", this doesn't seem to be true.

When I tried to get them to honour this, they merely told me to go to the reseller instead. The reseller then demanded an official email from the G6 Lite team to confirm that I should have my G6 Lite replaced by him and not the makers. And long story short, I actually ended up waiting around 2 months before receiving my replacement.

Good luck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Dumpflam, Report it or contact staff.