Animal Crossing Wild World save deleted.

vertpin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't touched the ROM, or the save.

My AC:WW ROM is under /roms/nds/

My save for the game is under /roms/nds/saves

I recently updated Twilight Menu++, and suddenly the save file isn't there. Upon booting up Animal Crossing: Wild World, it mentioned "Save File expanded!" with the nds-bootstrap screen.

This is the only game whose save is missing. What happened?

vertpin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the size of the ACWW save file?
Well, it overwrote my original one. So, the new (no progress) save is: 262KB.

I have an even older save (one that I actually did backup prior to this happening, a week ago) that is 262KB (which does contain a save file)

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it overwrote my original one. So, the new (no progress) save is: 262KB.
Not possible. When TWLMenu++ says that it expands the save file, it does not create a new save file in place of your old one.
I have an even older save (one that I actually did backup prior to this happening, a week ago) that is 262KB (which does contain a save file)
Does restoring that save file fix the issue?

vertpin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not possible. When TWLMenu++ says that it expands the save file, it does not create a new save file in place of your old one.

Does restoring that save file fix the issue?
What may have happened with the save? I didn't touch the ROM, save, or settings. Genuinely curious, as I would hope this wouldn't happen again. A member on the discord channel mentioned:
nds-bootstrap overwrote the original save data when it created an expanded save file.

Also, I was able to restore a save I just happened to have. However this save was not up to date with my current progress, and I've lost a decent amount of progress. I just happened to have made a backup of this save a week prior.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What may have happened with the save? I didn't touch the ROM, save, or settings. Genuinely curious, as I would hope this wouldn't happen again. A member on the discord channel mentioned: nds-bootstrap overwrote the original save data when it created an expanded save file.
I have no idea. Would be nice to know what the original size was, before it got expanded.
If it was the same size though, then something weird might've happened to the SD card.

vertpin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea. Would be nice to know what the original size was, before it got expanded.
If it was the same size though, then something weird might've happened to the SD card.
I've got zero idea. Fortunately, all of my other game saves are okay.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto