Hacking G6 lite Help

gixxaman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I loaded the G6loader and verify into the root directory and now the g6 update icon wont show up in the GBA mode like it side in the install file. I have 6 games on it too would that make a difference?

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First things first, take more time to organize your thoughts and make a legible post. 2nd, follow these steps to update the loader:

1) Have the 2 g6 update files in the root directory of the g6 unit
2) Boot in gba mode and when the green text comes up, press start, select, a, and b all together.
3) Confirm yes and let the update finish and you're done.

Make sure before you do this your g6 is in fat16 format and that you have the correct update files as well that you can find here:

www.handheldsources.com/Download.html

gixxaman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, as stated above, that does not show any updating screens ir start any processes. I appreciate your time though Tama mog. Also i have downloaded the correct files from the above site.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if you can see the green text appear while booting up in gba mode on the g6, rest assured that pushing start/select/a/b simulatenously will bring up the update option. It's just that it REALLy has to be simulatenous and it might take you a couple tries to get it right....but it is there.

ugly_rose

Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, if you follow tama_mog's instructions you'll do fine.

So, when the green text appears after the gameboy logo, press START + SELECT + A + B all at the same time, and then choose "yes".
happy.gif

Sweater Fish Del

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why does everyone always say "when the green text shows?" It seems like it would be more helpful to say "on the 'This Product Is Not Licensed Or Endorsed By Nintendo' screen."

...word is bondage...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8