G6 lite Help

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by gixxaman, Oct 12, 2006.

Oct 12, 2006

G6 lite Help by gixxaman at 11:44 PM (575 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. gixxaman
    OP

Newcomer gixxaman Advanced Member

United States
    I loaded the G6loader and verify into the root directory and now the g6 update icon wont show up in the GBA mode like it side in the install file. I have 6 games on it too would that make a difference?

2. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    First things first, take more time to organize your thoughts and make a legible post. 2nd, follow these steps to update the loader:

1) Have the 2 g6 update files in the root directory of the g6 unit
    2) Boot in gba mode and when the green text comes up, press start, select, a, and b all together.
    3) Confirm yes and let the update finish and you're done.

Make sure before you do this your g6 is in fat16 format and that you have the correct update files as well that you can find here:

www.handheldsources.com/Download.html

3. gixxaman
    OP

Newcomer gixxaman Advanced Member

United States
    Ok, as stated above, that does not show any updating screens ir start any processes. I appreciate your time though Tama mog. Also i have downloaded the correct files from the above site.

4. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    if you can see the green text appear while booting up in gba mode on the g6, rest assured that pushing start/select/a/b simulatenously will bring up the update option. It's just that it REALLy has to be simulatenous and it might take you a couple tries to get it right....but it is there.

5. ugly_rose

Member ugly_rose GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sweden
    Yep, if you follow tama_mog's instructions you'll do fine.

So, when the green text appears after the gameboy logo, press START + SELECT + A + B all at the same time, and then choose "yes". [​IMG]

6. Sweater Fish Del

Member Sweater Fish Del GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Why does everyone always say "when the green text shows?" It seems like it would be more helpful to say "on the 'This Product Is Not Licensed Or Endorsed By Nintendo' screen."

...word is bondage...

7. Lacrimosa

Member Lacrimosa GBAtemp Regular

Greece
    Because the phrase "This product Is Not Licensed Or Endorsed By Nintendo" is letters, therefore is "text". And the colour of those letters is green. [​IMG]

So I'd say that it's a "green text" [​IMG]