Review G6 Lite Guides & FAQ!

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
ok, i see the name now, ok so when i edit the game does it have to be within that name limit (shown in the hex editor) or can you put any amount of words in the hex editor? as i don't want to mess up the rom or something.

edit: and how do you actually edit the name? i can't simply click on the letter and edit or right click on it, it's in one of the options but there is too many options...

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can change the rom name and game code without breaking anything, but they have to be the same length. I don't know what would happen if you made it longer, but I doubt it would be anything good. Just make sure it's set to overwrite, not insert, and don't change anything before or after those 16 characters.

The hex editor I use (XVI32) lets me put the cursor at any spot and type whatever I want. I don't have much experience with other hex editors, so I can't help you operate them.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
yep, that was the hex editor i found, i guess i have to get used to this program
biggrin.gif
thanks for the help anyway.

oh btw

QUOTE said:
6. Unless you want the PDA, Emulation, etc. files, delete them and the directories they reside in.

can you tell me what files i can delete as i don't know which ones it's talking about, i don't want the calculator emu and pda stuff.

IAmTheRad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The only thing I would want to know is how to put 256mbit games on the g6 lite without the game crashing around 10 minutes into it...
Yggdra Union and Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories are the two big ones I've tried... if I trim them below the amount (which I usually remove something vital for it to play properly) then it works fine... and rom compression does not fix it.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
The only thing I would want to know is how to put 256mbit games on the g6 lite without the game crashing around 10 minutes into it...
Yggdra Union and Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories are the two big ones I've tried... if I trim them below the amount (which I usually remove something vital for it to play properly) then it works fine... and rom compression does not fix it.

did you put the games on there without any patching options like the real time save? maybe you should try to upload the games without anything like that on it.

edit: for anyone who wants to skin their G6 lite i found this awesome website with tons of skins
biggrin.gif
they are for M3 lite but i'm sure it will work for the G6 lite aswell? website is located here:

http://nintenskinz.tehskeen.com/
http://makkot.altervista.org/page2.htm

they also have skins for the R4 and M3 simply.

edit: i no longer have to use a hex editor to edit the names of my gba games a simple program called flash advance linker v8 lets me do it's much easier without going through thousands of numbers and letters lol

http://members.home.nl/penpvdbs/Downloads/patchers/fatv8.zip

FAT sort organises your gba roms in alphabetic order:
http://hem.passagen.se/chsw/FATSort.html (note be warned i've read that this program can corrupt your G6 lite so use with caution!)

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Tried without patching options, tried copying directly. No dice.

i'm a little concerned then as i like kingdom hearts
frown.gif
ah no worries then i will just play those games on my old gba flashcart, other games that i play that will be affected are:

pokemon mystery dungeon, sims 2 and the urbz sims in the city
frown.gif

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Yggdra Union works for me perfectly, I'm somewhere around level 10.

hmm maybe IAmTheRad has a defective G6 like then? i just searched on a couple of forums and they seemed to have a similar problem with DS roms aswell, anything over 256mbit will not load at all, they said that part of the G6 lite's memory went dead or has gone bad basically, if you purchased the G6 lite recently can't you contact the place where you brought the G6 lite and get a exchange?

edit: this was the topic i was talking about
http://www.pocketheaven.com/boards/viewtop...44&highlight=g6

death69inc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a tread somewhere with settings to get certian games to work
havent tried till today since mario and kong2 and ff3 came out
but no luck with newer roms today

was trying to get a neo3 to work with no success

so then I fig I try some the newer roms that came out battleship/pogo/lunar no go on my g6

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
received the G6 lite this morning, and when i put the insides in the normal GBA casing the bottom right side of the gba casing is slightly open (tiny gap)
frown.gif
anyone else experience this when they first got their G6 lite?

oremoram

Trophies
XP
Country
Tokelau
Hi, Great Guide!!!!!.

Has anybody been able to run ds browser with and Slot-1 and g6-lite card?, And If afirmative. Which patch was used?.

Thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1