Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
when i plug my card inot the computer the only files i can find for the game are a .1 and a .2 i cant find a .0 and if there was one wouldnt the option to copy it come up when i hit select on my system? also is it possible to just open the root directory find the .1 file and just hit copy? wouldnt that do the same thing as making a backup over my system?

As I said before, the .0 file is the default save; when you start up the G6 in the DS it copies the save data from the last game you played to that game's .0 file. When you use the "Default -> 1" option, it copies the save data from the .0 file to the .1 file. If there is no .0 file this will obviously fail.

These files should not be in the root directory, they should be in the NDS or GBA directories, depending on whether it's a GBA or DS game.

If you're trying to back up your saves to the computer, you can just copy the files in Windows; you don't need the U-Disk Manager. The G6's save menu is for keeping multiple save games on the cart at once, either for keeping your progress at a certain point in a game, or so that more than one person can play a game that only has one save slot.

GOVINATOR

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok. there is no .0 file for my game. just the .nds file and a .1 and .2. ok but heres the problem i have. the .1 and .2 files that are already on my game dont have the data for my save.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Why dont u format it with MPutility, install G6 Program again and test all theses again?

if not, rename one of those .1 files to .0 file, obviously for a file that has a .nds with it.

KindaOdd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to put a save I have on a rom onto a retail card, which I thought was possible. I'm having trouble looking up how to do it and looked through the whole topic here and still haven't found anything. :/

Anyone know what to do?

Also, I randomly get disconnected (Communication Error sometimes) when playing Wifi games (Before I can do anything, like search) or it'll say No Compatible Access Point in range when there is and it's been set. What's going on? Thanks in advance!

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to put a save I have on a rom onto a retail card, which I thought was possible. I'm having trouble looking up how to do it and looked through the whole topic here and still haven't found anything. :/

Anyone know what to do?
You can do that with Rudolph's NDS Backup Tool. Get the slot 2 version since you have a G6 Lite. You'll need to apply the G6 Lite DLDI patch before it will work.

KindaOdd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah alright I'll try that now. Thanks.
biggrin.gif

Anything on the Wifi part by any chance?

Edit: Ok so I finally figured it out. I had to convert the G6's .0 file to a .sav file in order for NDS Backup to recognize it. But then when I choose to back up the card with the .sav file, nothing happened. The only thing it did was erase whatever I started on there and didn't update it with my rom save. Halp?
frown.gif

Edit #2: Ok, so apparently "special" save files have a problem with this. I've been working with Zelda PH this whole time, maybe I should try something else..

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Edit: Ok so I finally figured it out. I had to convert the G6's .0 file to a .sav file in order for NDS Backup to recognize it. But then when I choose to back up the card with the .sav file, nothing happened. The only thing it did was erase whatever I started on there and didn't update it with my rom save. Halp?
frown.gif

Edit #2: Ok, so apparently "special" save files have a problem with this. I've been working with Zelda PH this whole time, maybe I should try something else..
Don't convert the save, just rename it.

KindaOdd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried that and that works with Phoenix Wright, but when I try it with Zelda I get this message: "The specified SAV file is a file that is smaller than the SAVE area of ROM." I'm guessing that has to do with Zelda being "special?"
tongue.gif
SAVE Type for Zelda is FLASH 4M (512KByte) and for PW it's EEPROM 512K (64KByte). Only EEPROM work with this thing? And thanks for your help thus far.
smile.gif

KindaOdd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm weird. The .0 isn't, it's 256k. But the .1 and .2 are 512k. I backed up to those recently though when I was screwing with this stuff. Maybe I should try those?

Edit: Bah that didn't work. Guess I'll try the other one you mentioned.

Well, all my .0 files are 256k. Luckily the app you told me about recognized Zelda as 256 and not 512 like the other one, so it worked. :D Thanks a lot for baring with me, lol.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jmac777 said:
Was that FF:ROC problem ever fixed on the G6 lite?

Also..is the G6 lite still being supported?
I don't know what FF:ROC is supposed to be, but if you're referring to Final Fantasy Crystal Cronicles: Rings of Fate you'll just have to use the fix that cracker made.

As for the G6 Lite still being supported, it is, but barely. Fixes for broken games are not released in a timely fashion, and new features are not added, but they do still release updates every once in a while.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr