Hacking G6 gba saving problem.... need help

berserk123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help guys. I've formatted my g6 flash card. but before doing that I saved my .sav file to my computer. (Before I go on, here is my first question here.)

1. For peeps who use g6 (Disk Manager). To save your .sav file to your computer, don't u have to click on the "(game name).0" and then click on "read" to save it to your computer? Or am I missing something?

I've done this with DS games to back up my saved files to my computer. And whenever I want to play that game again I just put the game back into the g6 flash card and replace the .0 with my back up .sav file from my computer and it would work.

BUT

For some reason, (I'm talking about GBA game here) the .sav file I have saved in my computer won't work. Can anyone help me?

The file that I've saved from the flash card before erasing the game is 32kb. Does that have anything to do with it? I've tried using Multi save converter but it still wont work.

Sigh..... I've clocked in 20+ hours in that game and now I have to re-do ALL that crap again. (rpg game) Please help.

I still have my .sav file in my computer. Don't wanna erase it man....

Edit: (10/16/09)

gtmtnbiker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
berserk123 said:
I need help guys. I've formatted my g6 flash card. but before doing that I saved my .sav file to my computer. (Before I go on, here is my first question here.)

1. For peeps who use g6 (Disk Manager). To save your .sav file to your computer, don't u have to click on the "(game name).0" and then click on "read" to save it to your computer? Or am I missing something?

The problem that I have is when I replace the .sav file from my computer to my g6 flash card (using Udisk manager) it works. but when I load up the game from my Gameboy micro + G6 flash my save file isn't there. It's just empty.

1. Am I suppose to convert my .sav file to .0?

2. And where would I replace my .sav file to? Do I use the g6 manager or Do I have to open up root folder and replace it from there?

I really need help. Tales of phantasia has some pain staking dungeons that I don't wanna go through again.

I don't know why you're using the Disk Manager to copy your save. You should just be able to use the NT file manager.

I would suggest that you copy everything off the flash card. Put the one game on the card using the Disk Manager, play the game, save it. Then take it out and see what files are there. Where is the save file on the card? Then you should be able to identify the proper filename and copy your old save in place. It's possible that you copied the wrong or use the wrong file name.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system