Fusée Gelée FAQ by Kate Temkin

Discussion in 'Switch - Tutorials' started by Salazar-DE, Apr 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    I don't know that that's so much the case as they want to avoid putting any Nintendo coders on the scent. But yes, that would be nice

2. Onibi

Onibi GBAtemp Regular

Mar 3, 2018
    Germany
    This also sounds like an advice to update to 4.1.0 or at least not a challenge of 4.1.0 convenience at all, which seems to contradict the statement before :(

Can you clarify what should make anybody stay low? Esp. since if it is gone on higher FWs it implies that it can be disclosed, no?

Overall very nice to hear. The gaming scenes certainly need more people that share your views. I mean @SciresM and @TuxSH are also providing the code openly. So overall, my picture of anybody that shows such openness is very good. I guess that makes the non-disclosure of the TZ exploit and the bootromhax (hehe, see) even more frustrating and not as easy to understand.

Do you have no exploit other then the bootrom (assuming you stick to the disclosure of he bootrom bug as-is) that has been fixed and thus can be released to developers? TZ?

Last edited by Onibi, Apr 11, 2018
  3. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

GBAtemp Patron
    Quantumcat is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    What was the point of saying anything in that case.

4. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    In the Murderbox!
    Same could be asked of your comments.

5. Onibi

Onibi GBAtemp Regular

Mar 3, 2018
    Germany
    No flaming please, this is where the thread gets interesting :O

BL4Z3D247 and TotalInsanity4 like this.
  6. mendezagus

mendezagus GBAtemp Regular

Aug 29, 2017
    Argentina
    This thread is shaping up to be spectacular!!!

7. Earth4Heaven

Earth4Heaven Member

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2018
    United States
    Thanks @ktemkin for the clarity. However, the faq on your site was clear enough. From what I read, we all just need to have patience. I don't understand the negativity you guys are receiving, but I'm also new to the scene and don't understand how it works. I thought unpaid developers, with lives, who are contributing their skills to help a scene, would be cherished. Just a lurker/outsider's perspective. Continue the good work though, and thank you.

8. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    In the Murderbox!
    Some would prefer excruciating details every step of the way, even after an explanation as to why that's not plausible at the moment.

9. yomer

yomer Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    @ktemkin I'm currently on 3.0.0, I can't afford to get another Switch, and I promised my kid to start playing Mario Odyssey(which requires at least v3.0.1) with him soon. If I update all the way to 4.1.0 and interpreting what you're saying, can I expect to be able to use the CFW just with a one time software mod, or would I have to do a specific procedure if I reboot/shut down my Switch? I fully expect to have to follow specific instructions to boot the CFW and configure it for first time use, but being in 4.1.0 do you envision a permanent soft mod solution(assuming no system updates past 4.1.0)? Or at least an easy enough way to run CFW while booting once some specific files are in place.

Thanks to You and the team for your time and effort.

10. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

Dec 24, 2008
    I don't think asking for better clarity is a bad thing, or should be seen as criticism, although I understand everyone is different and others may prefer to practice quiet genuflection instead.

I'm still not entirely sure, for example, why when it's stated that everyone on current hardware will get coldboot cfw this summer (without needing to open the console or buy a particular game) that there's still reluctance to green light updating to latest firmware. The inconvenience point seems to be non-issue the more that gets revealed.

Quantumcat and Onibi like this.
  11. json

json MUSCLEMAN

Aug 9, 2013
    Burkina Faso
    I'm not so sure you can even still call them a "team". The ReSwitched team does not even trust its own members with the bootrom vulnerability and only 2 people of the whole team are in the know AFAIK (SciresM and ktemkin).
    If you can't trust your own team that's just... sad.

peteruk, Quantumcat and Absintu like this.
  12. Absintu

Absintu GBAtemp Regular

Feb 2, 2018
    Portugal
    its a team of 2 ppl

Salazar-DE, Riyaz, Kerbangman and 3 others like this.
  13. andijames

andijames GBAtemp Fan

Jan 28, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Manchester
    Too much speculation here but I for one am incredibly happy these guys / girls are doing this for us .amazing work and thanks .whatever we have to do to achieve it we will find a way

14. mendezagus

mendezagus GBAtemp Regular

Aug 29, 2017
    Argentina
    If i understood correcly the "inconvinience of installation" and the "fun you can have" acording to the base firmware at the moment of hacking are the things that @ktemkin fears could spill the beans about the nature of exploit, hence the reluctance to share more info.

15. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    I think that there are a few more than two since Kate says she ended up in a position of authority in the team (or something like that), but I might be reading way too much into that

Memoir and brickmii82 like this.
  16. Absintu

Absintu GBAtemp Regular

Feb 2, 2018
    Portugal
    you are right man, i was only joking in response to the OP, ive put a smile, but used Windows phone emoji and didnt apear :facepalm:

Kerbangman and TotalInsanity4 like this.
  17. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    In the Murderbox!
    Honestly? It's sounding like the other two exploits are easier or more convenient than FG. The end result sounds the same.

18. guily6669

guily6669 GbaTemp is my Drug

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    I think theres still others ways to help than them really having to give the exploit to all ppl... Even on official nintendo making I'm sure only a very small amount of ppl saw their master key 4 example each team is responsible for a part...

I think its for security reasons...

I do believe anyone could help in the CFW like one do the sound part, one the images, one this, the other that... without them needing to really have their hands on the exploit at this point.

19. reaper527

reaper527 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 22, 2011
    United States
    that doesn't strike me as advice to update to 4.1.0 at all. it seems like advice to stay on it if you are already there and NOT update to 5.x.

you can always update to any firmware you want at any time, but you can't downgrade so any changes are permanent. as such, typically common practice is to stay on the lowest firmware you possibly can.

20. Timburpton

Timburpton GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 18, 2014
    Is it just me or is it correct to interpret that upgrading to later FW will just result in delayed release of FG and CFW. I seem to get the distinct impression that FG works on all circulating switches no matter the FW just that the time frame differs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.