Further information about the upcoming Nintendo Switch "Mig Switch" flashcart has been revealed

mig.png

A few days after the monumental reveal of a work-in-progress flashcart being made for the Nintendo Switch, more information has been made available. The previously unnamed flashcart is set to be called "Mig Switch", and the initial Twitter user that unveiled the Mig Switch's existence, After Time X, managed to get in contact with the team behind it all. According to them, they were offered a review unit of the Mig Switch, but turned it down, as the After Time X team fears legal repercussions from dealing with "backup loader" hardware.

Another interesting tidbit is that existing dumps of Switch games will NOT be compatible with the Mig Switch, and backups will need to be repacked to function with the flashcart. Games played with the flashcart can be played online, as well.

The Mig Switch currently has a website, where it is seeking distributors to work together with in order to sell initial limited quantities of the Mig Switch device, with the first units to be delivered sometime in January. The team claims that full availability is expected around March/April 2024. It'll come with the Mig Switch card, and the Mig Switch Dumper, with the latter of which allowing you to back up your games using NXdumpTool.

:arrow: Official Website

realtimesave

///AMG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What

Kind of want 50 units, kind of want to see how this all shakes out with customs in the US before committing financially. I’m half expecting these to get seized, I feel like Nintendo may be extra aggressive with this one.
ya but it has been proven that they only seize stuff for a short while. if people wait and see, it'll be less important to US customs than seizing fantanyl. I bet you a year from now we'll have $5-$15 flash carts available in abundance from the usual sources in China :) shipped to your door in 14 days.
Post automatically merged:

Btw, anyone want me to on-line test a non-banned switch with just the XCI? I bought another Lite just to mod anyway, I don't care if it gets banned because intentionally it would anyways LOL

Last edited by realtimesave,

cainan__c

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ya but it has been proven that they only seize stuff for a short while. if people wait and see, it'll be less important to US customs than seizing fantanyl. I bet you a year from now we'll have $5-$15 flash carts available in abundance from the usual sources in China :) shipped to your door in 14 days.
We've even gotten to the point where sites like aliexpress often delivery in less than a week on some items. Even the cheap £1-5 crap. Nothing beats the time I ordered a shell from Shenzen that arrived to the UK in 4 days.

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Btw, anyone want me to on-line test a non-banned switch with just the XCI? I bought another Lite just to mod anyway, I don't care if it gets banned because intentionally it would anyways LOL
They dont only sieze things for a short while. Years ago I ordered $200 worth of xbox360 supplies from Modchipcentral (Canada based) to the US. the package got stuck in customs for almost a year and a half before they mailed me a huge package explaining that the goods had to be destroyed

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
I'm so going to laugh when they remove the cart slot in the next system as a respond to this hitting 2 birds with 1 stone.
No leaks before launch date
No more pirating using flashcarts

Wario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm so going to laugh when they remove the cart slot in the next system as a respond to this hitting 2 birds with 1 stone.
No leaks before launch date
No more pirating using flashcarts
It’s too late for the launch Switch 2 model. Nintendo will need to block it in the firmware.

it works good with the switch card changer, the way I figured it would work, so that’s good I guess for anyone that has that.
It’s good to know that game switcher works with the Mig, but it’s really inconvenient to use in handheld gaming mode when on the go.

Tomtani1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The used Switch games market is going to be impacted. I can see people dumping their physical game cartridges then selling them. Someone else then buys the used Switch game cartridge at maybe a Gamestop, playing it and getting their Switch banned. The original owner may only play offline or does not care about being banned. It is the unsuspecting new owner of the used Switch game that will be pissed.

Last edited by Tomtani1,

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
The used Switch games market is going to be impacted. I can see people dumping their physical game cartridges then selling them. Someone else then buys the used Switch game cartridge at maybe a Gamestop, playing it and getting their Switch banned.
As stated many times: the carts will be banned, not the console

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
We've even gotten to the point where sites like aliexpress often delivery in less than a week on some items. Even the cheap £1-5 crap. Nothing beats the time I ordered a shell from Shenzen that arrived to the UK in 4 days.
I ordered these (50PCS NEW TTP223 Touch button Module Capacitor type Single Channel Self Locking Touch switch sensor IGMOPNRQ) touch button sensors last week and it took 5 days from China to Scotland.

They cost me £4,93 altogether with tax and delivery.

That's the fastest thing I've had. I ordered some lipo batteries in november and only got them last week. I guess sometimes you get lucky and it all depends on the seller and where they are located.

Last edited by mrdude,

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know 'nobody asked' and 'nobody cares bruh' but I've cancelled my pre-order. At £70 for everything it was a good deal (for me anyway) and I was ok with paying it.
However when the additional costs for the dumper were brought in (even with the re-sellers discount) it became a poor purchase and not good value for money.
I'll happily buy one in the future when both are bundled together at what I consider a reasonable price or wait on the attack of the clones.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I know 'nobody asked' and 'nobody cares bruh' but I've cancelled my pre-order. At £70 for everything it was a good deal (for me anyway) and I was ok with paying it.
However when the additional costs for the dumper were brought in (even with the re-sellers discount) it became a poor purchase and not good value for money.
I'll happily buy one in the future when both are bundled together at what I consider a reasonable price or wait on the attack of the clones.
I never ordered one and I am glad I didn't for now. I totally agree with your post though and I suspect there's a lot of people that feel the same way. Also I think this will be cloned and improved and that the clone will come with a button or touch sensor to swap games. It makes no sense to buy if you have a modded switch and if you don't have a modedd switch or know someone that has one the card is useless without the dumper unless you download the games (which I believe now you can), which defeats the entire selling propoganda that it's only for your own legit cartridge dumps.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They dont only sieze things for a short while. Years ago I ordered $200 worth of xbox360 supplies from Modchipcentral (Canada based) to the US. the package got stuck in customs for almost a year and a half before they mailed me a huge package explaining that the goods had to be destroyed
Damn I've ordered all kinds of stuff from there, to US (Ohio). Guess I've been lucky. Sorry to hear that!

Reactions: rvtr

Nincompoopdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
History is going to repeat itself.

I remember Nintendo released new 3DS firmware to stop Sky3DS from working. Then Sky3DS released new firmware to circumvent it, and Nintendo followed up with yet another new firmware, etc. It's going to be a cat and mouse game all over again.

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn I've ordered all kinds of stuff from there, to US (Ohio). Guess I've been lucky. Sorry to hear that!
To be fair I know quite a few people who ordered from them on a regular basis as well. I think I just got really unlucky

But modchip central kept the money and never offered to resend anything so in the end it was just a terrible situation

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be fair I know quite a few people who ordered from them on a regular basis as well. I think I just got really unlucky

But modchip central kept the money and never offered to resend anything so in the end it was just a terrible situation
Most of the time I've just ordered small number of things at once. I wonder if because you ordered alot at once, it sent red flags to them or something. Sorry for your loss never the less.

Wario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo learned their lesson and will skip the cat and mouse game. They’ll hire yakuza to pay the Mig team a visit and persuade them to stop manufacturing it.

• Haha
Reactions: yoshi_nysa

W00fer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anguilla
I wonder why nobody has decompiled the .s2 file yet. Or maybe it isnt a full ROM only an update.

Just brainfarting below:

If only a valid license is checked, this might be the Haxchi scenario from WiiU all over again. Buy a valid game to launch other shit.

Maybe the games are now size checked. So a small 1 dollar game cannot launch big titles. Or it is date checked or memory protected.

And an eshop title will not load stuff from the card slot. But maybe that can be done via an obscure Japanese title. Who knows.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo