Further information about the upcoming Nintendo Switch "Mig Switch" flashcart has been revealed

mig.png

A few days after the monumental reveal of a work-in-progress flashcart being made for the Nintendo Switch, more information has been made available. The previously unnamed flashcart is set to be called "Mig Switch", and the initial Twitter user that unveiled the Mig Switch's existence, After Time X, managed to get in contact with the team behind it all. According to them, they were offered a review unit of the Mig Switch, but turned it down, as the After Time X team fears legal repercussions from dealing with "backup loader" hardware.

Another interesting tidbit is that existing dumps of Switch games will NOT be compatible with the Mig Switch, and backups will need to be repacked to function with the flashcart. Games played with the flashcart can be played online, as well.

The Mig Switch currently has a website, where it is seeking distributors to work together with in order to sell initial limited quantities of the Mig Switch device, with the first units to be delivered sometime in January. The team claims that full availability is expected around March/April 2024. It'll come with the Mig Switch card, and the Mig Switch Dumper, with the latter of which allowing you to back up your games using NXdumpTool.

:arrow: Official Website

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
this is no joke if it really is a handheld again i dont want any fucking thing to do with it i'll stick to emus.
Just don't bother using it instead of having a tantrum on the net.

realtimesave

///AMG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh cry me a river. go have that tantrum somewhere else little buddy
lol idk why anyone would post that. after all, everyone knows that Nintendo is king of handhelds and that the Gameboy system basically floated some of their more "failed" consoles so that people could buy them off the shelf.. I forgot which one it was but one of the GB systems GBA or GBC not sure which pretty much floated the Gamecube for example. Nintendo knows that there's a huge market for them making a handheld system so it is just a given that they would continue that trend.

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
Honestly, get a chip or v1 Switch. It offers more for the price and it's uncertain for how long you will be able to play online with the Mig. Nintendo is not playing around anymore. They will find ways to detect the Mig through Lotus3 firmware updates.

meow81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Honestly, get a chip or v1 Switch. It offers more for the price and it's uncertain for how long you will be able to play online with the Mig. Nintendo is not playing around anymore. They will find ways to detect the Mig through Lotus3 firmware updates.
What is Lotus 3 ? It is not the old 1992 racing videogame i suppose

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Mig-Switch price on Skin Pixel has jumped to £70...
It's only like £30-£40 cheaper than an outright modchip install or v0 Switch.
Not worth it, esp with the price of the dumper being the same...
When clones start to appear, they'd probably sell for around the same price as a modchip. Tbh, probably not worth it if you already have a hacked V1 switch, but for the novice user who has no experience with installing a modchip or custom firmware

G33ksquad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What
A lotus isn't necessarily a car, the car is named after the lotus flower.
Post automatically merged:

migswitch in bulk is $36 USD if you purchase 50 units anyone selling it to you for 90 GBP is purely ripping you guys off. $65 US is reasonable anything higher,
Kind of want 50 units, kind of want to see how this all shakes out with customs in the US before committing financially. I’m half expecting these to get seized, I feel like Nintendo may be extra aggressive with this one.

Nincompoopdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's like those R4, just wait a while and there will be clones of it everywhere after China reverse engineered it. Price will drop to less than $20 eventually - I think it only cost less than $5 to make, they will still make profit.

Reactions: fst312 and BigOnYa

Wario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will Nintendo surreptitiously get their hands on a Mig and develop a counter for it using lotus3 via a firmware update? I hope the Mig will have counter measures, else it’ll become obsolete really quick.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y