Further information about the upcoming Nintendo Switch "Mig Switch" flashcart has been revealed

mig.png

A few days after the monumental reveal of a work-in-progress flashcart being made for the Nintendo Switch, more information has been made available. The previously unnamed flashcart is set to be called "Mig Switch", and the initial Twitter user that unveiled the Mig Switch's existence, After Time X, managed to get in contact with the team behind it all. According to them, they were offered a review unit of the Mig Switch, but turned it down, as the After Time X team fears legal repercussions from dealing with "backup loader" hardware.

Another interesting tidbit is that existing dumps of Switch games will NOT be compatible with the Mig Switch, and backups will need to be repacked to function with the flashcart. Games played with the flashcart can be played online, as well.

The Mig Switch currently has a website, where it is seeking distributors to work together with in order to sell initial limited quantities of the Mig Switch device, with the first units to be delivered sometime in January. The team claims that full availability is expected around March/April 2024. It'll come with the Mig Switch card, and the Mig Switch Dumper, with the latter of which allowing you to back up your games using NXdumpTool.

:arrow: Official Website

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From my understanding, the roms should still work without the certificates. Isn't it just that going online will result in a ban? Or do Switch games need the certificates to even launch? Maybe the cart has one built in so it can still launch "incomplete" dumps? In any case, I'm sure there are people willing to donate their certs/headers like they did in the 3DS days with the understanding that said certs would be banned from online play at some point in the future.

This is what I'm drawing these conclusions from:

mig.jpg

Reactions: impeeza and tabzer

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's silly, Nintendo would never do such a thing!
Its proven to be true in the gigaleaks. They spied on neimod and smea.

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Spoken with the supplier I chose to use and they've confirmed that I can cancel my pre-order if I wish, or if I sit tight they will either include the dumping tool or heavily discount it for me

I'm happy to hang fire as ultimately I just want the items at the end of the day

As for those taking a deep intake of air at the price, I completely agree that yes it's a lot but I justify it to myself (deluded or not) by thinking it's the same as buying 2 new physical decent games and I can live with that

I looked in to getting my precious OLED chipped by a couple of people (as my old installer is awol) and that was over £100, so I'll live with this option

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
From my understanding, the roms should still work without the certificates. Isn't it just that going online will result in a ban? Or do Switch games need the certificates to even launch? Maybe the cart has one built in so it can still launch "incomplete" dumps? In any case, I'm sure there are people willing to donate their certs/headers like they did in the 3DS days with the understanding that said certs would be banned from online play at some point in the future.

This is what I'm drawing these conclusions from:

View attachment 413086

It seems that way based on this. Maybe it can play games with the pirated xci files found online.

Wario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I was thinking along the same lines. See post #605. What do you think?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/further...as-been-revealed.645184/page-31#post-10329260

Reactions: Subtle Demise

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
MAXiMiLiAN also. :P so where's Nintendo with their lawyers and FBI this time? Shouldn't take long for them to catch up.
Honestly idk looks like he was able to deny his involvement and I guess they don't care enough to push it that far when all they wanted was to make a statement by getting Gary Bowser
Louarn has interviews, has a Linkedin page where it says he's Sales Manager. Doesn't look like he's in trouble

cainan__c

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I looked in to getting my precious OLED chipped by a couple of people (as my old installer is awol) and that was over £100, so I'll live with this option
If you don't mind me asking, where were you going to see the prices?
While not an OLED, my go to guy does £90 for chip + install with the Switch Lite.
And, while this was back before the modchip prices went down, I think I paid £100 for installation of a modchip on my OLED. (paid £80 for the chip off of AliExpress)
So I reckon it'd be around that price, esp if you provide the chip yourself.

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you don't mind me asking, where were you going to see the prices?
While not an OLED, my go to guy does £90 for chip + install with the Switch Lite.
And, while this was back before the modchip prices went down, I think I paid £100 for installation of a modchip on my OLED. (paid £80 for the chip off of AliExpress)
So I reckon it'd be around that price, esp if you provide the chip yourself.

It was a couple of members who'd messaged me on here, a couple of months back now but they were quoting £110 all in for supply and fit. Just felt it was too much, even though I respect the amount of work involved.

Tcoom

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It was a couple of members who'd messaged me on here, a couple of months back now but they were quoting £110 all in for supply and fit. Just felt it was too much, even though I respect the amount of work involved.
If you factor in the average cost of a single game it's completely worth it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated