Further information about the upcoming Nintendo Switch "Mig Switch" flashcart has been revealed

mig.png

A few days after the monumental reveal of a work-in-progress flashcart being made for the Nintendo Switch, more information has been made available. The previously unnamed flashcart is set to be called "Mig Switch", and the initial Twitter user that unveiled the Mig Switch's existence, After Time X, managed to get in contact with the team behind it all. According to them, they were offered a review unit of the Mig Switch, but turned it down, as the After Time X team fears legal repercussions from dealing with "backup loader" hardware.

Another interesting tidbit is that existing dumps of Switch games will NOT be compatible with the Mig Switch, and backups will need to be repacked to function with the flashcart. Games played with the flashcart can be played online, as well.

The Mig Switch currently has a website, where it is seeking distributors to work together with in order to sell initial limited quantities of the Mig Switch device, with the first units to be delivered sometime in January. The team claims that full availability is expected around March/April 2024. It'll come with the Mig Switch card, and the Mig Switch Dumper, with the latter of which allowing you to back up your games using NXdumpTool.

:arrow: Official Website

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow interesting, I wonder if you bought 2 of these carts and used this to switch between them, if that would trigger each to move to the next game.

No way Nintendo wasn’t on the case on this thing immediately. Maybe announcing it at this time gave them the biggest chance Nintendo detectives would be on vacation.
Will be probably better to be switch back and forth with a regular switch game and the flash cart. I don’t have this but probably only the flash cart is needed if you could switch the cart to a empty slot and back to the cart.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Didn't all the experts say that a flashcart that supports all Switch models on latest firmware is very unlikely? Look where we are now. :creep:
Flash carts for hack the console are near impossible. This device will emulate a real cartridge using the original certificate and unique id of the original device so for the console is the same original device, the problem is you can not use the same cartridge two or more times at the same time in different consoles so that will be bad

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
What's with the weird big brother USSR Communist theme?

No digital eShop, updates or dlc compatible? Only cartridge roms?

Also, having to eject the cart to change roms is SCREAMING for a broken cartridge slot and also super irritating if you have a large number of games lol. Imagine having to cycle through 100 games. No thanks.
I don't think they are Russian probably just trying to convince authorities they are. Who the fuck does illegal activity and use a US hosted website??

SaddQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is only the first step in softmodding the Switch. Mark my words: less than 2 years from now, all models of the Switch will be cracked wide open by the warez community and Nintendo isn't gonna give a crap anymore.

sKoMo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It won't support current dumps? Hmm... Is that a "safe" thing for online use or just a "buy more of our proprietary hardware/software" thing?
Maybe they only needs to be patched in order to work correctly (as in the past with cards like G6 or M3).

If i can dump my original cartridges with an external tool without the need to a modchip, im interested in this flashcard.

mathew77

Lovin' life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
If i can dump my original cartridges with an external tool without the need to a modchip, im interested in this flashcard.
I guess it's impossible, as for dumping games one need an already hacked console:
To backup your games, you will need a modified Switch with NXdumpTool and the proper parameters you can find below. You will need a (hacked) Switch which can run the homebrew application NXdumpTool.

• Sad
Reactions: JaapDaniels

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I guess it's impossible, as for dumping games one need an already hacked console:
if you've read the whole thing they give 2 options, NXdumptool needs a modded console, but can be used for estore games maybe, and there is Mig Dumper instructions :
  1. Insert game card into the dumper slot
  2. Plug in dumper to PC with USB cable
  3. Mass storage device will appear, with a folder XXX.xci 4. Copy XXX.xci folder to create a game backup

Last edited by JaapDaniels,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging