Tutorial  Updated

Full Stock to arm9loaderhax CFW Guide - Everything You Need to Know (Includes OTPHelper Now)

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

This guide includes information to get you from nearly any situation to full arm9loaderhax CFW.

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

Last edited by Plailect,

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to say, I spent the evening following the procedure and after a few hours, I am happy to say that I am finally a part of the Arm9LoaderHax master race. Feels good.

Magic Kaito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delete the Cakes folder and copy the files again
That worked, thank you, but I'm having an issue booting into EmuNAND9 with holding Y now. Nothing is happening, and i can't access EMUNAND9 through Homebrew for some reason, too.

EDIT: Still having this issue, and for some reason typed L + y, sorry. Holding Y isn't working is what I mean.

Last edited by Magic Kaito,

darkworldz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi i installed aureinand on my o3ds following this guide and updated sysnand to 10.7.
how do i unlink my nnid from the console? can i just do a system format through system settings??

Last edited by darkworldz,

ll0rT

Trophies
XP
Country
Please help! I followed the guide and got otp.bin, but I can't restore sysnand backup because it says size of backup is wrong. My backup is 1,21 GB (1.300.234.240 bytes). My other backups I got from gw launcher have 1,84 GB (1.979.711.488 bytes) size. What is wrong? Can I use the bigger backup to restore?

Edit: Solved by using latest OTP helper and restoring the 1.21 gb backup.

Last edited by ll0rT,

19manu91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm stuck on Part 5 trying to configure cakes. I keep getting this error message when I try to launch "This cake uses an unknown or unsupported patch type.". Anyone else have similiar issue or what? I can't get back into sysNAND to start this Part over again because I keep booting into Cakes. Holding L isn't working either. I'm using the latest version of Cakes by the way.
Good day,
I'm still on the same problem. But furthermore, I have a corrupted "selected patches" menu. just see the following:

P60403_124930.jpg

If I try to push "boot CFW" button, he said me that "This cake is either outdated or is of an unknown version of the format".

Is safe to manual POWER OFF my 3ds in order to Delete the Cakes folder and copy the files again ?

i'm worried.. :sad:

Magic Kaito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good day,
I'm still on the same problem. But furthermore, I have a corrupted "selected patches" menu. just see the following:

P60403_124930.jpg

If I try to push "boot CFW" button, he said me that "This cake is either outdated or is of an unknown version of the format".

Is safe to manual POWER OFF my 3ds in order to Delete the Cakes folder and copy the files again ?

i'm worried.. :sad:
Delete the Cakes folder and copy the files again is what he told me to do. It worked, but I'm having another issue now.

19manu91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Delete the Cakes folder and copy the files again is what he told me to do. It worked, but I'm having another issue now.
you said :

That worked, thank you, but I'm having an issue booting into EmuNAND9 with holding L+ Y now. Nothing is happening, and i can't access EMUNAND9 through Homebrew for some reason, too.
UNQUOTE

maybe my observation can be very stupid but, reading the tutorial, the button to push about enter EMUNAND9 is only Y, not L+Y, i'm wrong?

quote by the end of tutorial said:

You will no longer be able to boot without the SD card in, that is normal.
You will now boot a Custom Firmware based SysNAND by default.
You can now hold L on boot to launch the CakesFW configuration menu.
You can now hold X on boot to launch Decrypt9, a full featured NAND tool.
You can now hold Y on boot to launch EmuNAND9, a full featured RedNAND and SD management tool.
You can now hold B on boot to launch Uncart, a tool for converting a physical game cart to an installable file. (in the linked guide, replace Brahma with arm9loaderhax)
You can now hold L on boot to enter the CakesFW menu.

about me, i'll try to deletes cakes folder and copy the file again.
thank you

Magic Kaito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you said :

That worked, thank you, but I'm having an issue booting into EmuNAND9 with holding L+ Y now. Nothing is happening, and i can't access EMUNAND9 through Homebrew for some reason, too.
UNQUOTE

maybe my observation can be very stupid but, reading the tutorial, the button to push about enter EMUNAND9 is only Y, not L+Y, i'm wrong?

quote by the end of tutorial said:

about me, i'll try to deletes cakes folder and copy the file again.
thank you
You're right it is Y, but it's not working for me still. Not sure why I typed L + Y or thought it was that. My bad, I must've been tired, but anyways I'm still having issues booting into EmuNAND9 holding Y.

Last edited by Magic Kaito,

19manu91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You're right it is Y, but it's not working for me still. Not sure why I typed L + Y or thought it was that. My bad, I must've been tired, but anyways I'm still having issues booting into EmuNAND9 holding Y.
I'm not really an expert, but your problem seems to derive from one of the following points:

15. Copy and merge the 3DS folder from the EmuNAND9 zip to the root of your SD card
16. Copy EmuNAND9.bin from the EmuNAND9 zip to the /a9lh/ folder on your SD card

are you sure that the correct EmuNAND9.bin (try to check the file's size) is in ROOT/a9lh/

furthermore, when you select the full install from SafeA9LHInstaller, I think that it exploits the arm9 and create all configuration files that redirect the system to boot in one of the modalities described assigning to a particular combination (Y+boot for EMUNAND9).

probably, somothing goes wrong in this passage.

I have had your same experience with CakesFW problem, but I confirm that after this issue, all the next step are gone really well and I have corectly installed a Arm9LoaderHax on SYSNAND with NO EMU/REDNAND on my SD.

I hope you can solve soon :yay3ds:

Arkse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just wanted to say thanks :bow:

Followed the guide, had the black screen issue on Part 4, Section II - Downgrading, line 18 :
18. If you get a black screen, boot with the SD card remove then reinsert when you see the home menu. If this fails, follow this troubleshooting guide
And solution on line 18 with the SD card remove/reinsert when homemenu appear did the trick :mthr:

Everything else was smooth, soundproof guide :yay:

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

This guide includes information to get you from nearly any situation to full arm9loaderhax CFW. This includes the updated OTP guide, which is now based on @d0k3's OTPHelper.

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

I have been following the guide, and have run into trouble. I'm at Part 5: Cakes version, Installing Arm9LoaderHax.

Instead of booting into Cakes menu, I get a black screen. Following the troubleshooting guide, the correct files appear to be where they are supposed to be. I am able to get into Decrypt9 by pressing X while booting. I tried the test payload, and when I pressed A, the unit powered off, which apparently means the unit is not bricked.

Not sure what I should do now, though.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I have been following the guide, and have run into trouble. I'm at Part 5: Cakes version, Installing Arm9LoaderHax.

Instead of booting into Cakes menu, I get a black screen. Following the troubleshooting guide, the correct files appear to be where they are supposed to be. I am able to get into Decrypt9 by pressing X while booting. I tried the test payload, and when I pressed A, the unit powered off, which apparently means the unit is not bricked.

Not sure what I should do now, though.

If it helps, I had Cakes installed previously with EmuNAND.

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm at a loss. :(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If it helps, I had Cakes installed previously with EmuNAND.

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm at a loss. :(

Solved it! I just erased the entire contents of my cakes folder and reextracted the cakes files.

Magic Kaito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not really an expert, but your problem seems to derive from one of the following points:

15. Copy and merge the 3DS folder from the EmuNAND9 zip to the root of your SD card
16. Copy EmuNAND9.bin from the EmuNAND9 zip to the /a9lh/ folder on your SD card

are you sure that the correct EmuNAND9.bin (try to check the file's size) is in ROOT/a9lh/

furthermore, when you select the full install from SafeA9LHInstaller, I think that it exploits the arm9 and create all configuration files that redirect the system to boot in one of the modalities described assigning to a particular combination (Y+boot for EMUNAND9).

probably, somothing goes wrong in this passage.

I have had your same experience with CakesFW problem, but I confirm that after this issue, all the next step are gone really well and I have corectly installed a Arm9LoaderHax on SYSNAND with NO EMU/REDNAND on my SD.

I hope you can solve soon :yay3ds:
I tried that already but it didn't work. I don't know why I can't boot into EmuNAND9 holding Y when Decrypt9 worked on the first try. That's good to hear everything worked for you after your Cakes issue.

BloodRose

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I used a guide on here to install rxtools emunand on a 3dsll and another guide on here to install reinand emunand on an n3dsll.

If I wanted to change from menuhax to a9lh then could I just follow this tutorial from part 4 (getting the otp) onwards? Also is rednand just another term for emunand or are there differences between the two?

Thanks.

PF2M

Ex-Miiverse Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Plailect, I figured out what happened here.
I backed up EmuNAND.bin to SysNAND using OTPHelper and restarting my 3DS gave me a black screen. What do I do?
I downgraded to 2.1 using rxTools 2.5.2.
The reason as to why I bricked my 2DS is because I had an unsigned SecureInfo_A file. So that's why.

Also, is Universal Inject Generator really needed? I feel like there's an easier way to do it.

derthomas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hey folks, not quite sure if right thread but dont really know which one I should pick.

Thinking about buying a n3dsxl, replacing my former n3ds xl. I do want arm9loader on it but I dont want to lose my streetpass data. So whats the correct procedure for me? The streetpass games are all bought btw.

Can I just do a regular system transfer from my 10.7 emunand to the new 10.7 sysnand? idc if a lose all other cia's in this process as long as I keep my streetpass data.
From there on I would dump my sysnand, install cfw, arm9loader and restore the sysnand.bin to emunand in the last process when Im on arm9loader 10.7 ?

Dragonl89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used a guide on here to install rxtools emunand on a 3dsll and another guide on here to install reinand emunand on an n3dsll.

If I wanted to change from menuhax to a9lh then could I just follow this tutorial from part 4 (getting the otp) onwards? Also is rednand just another term for emunand or are there differences between the two?

Thanks.

I wanted to know about this too if anyone knows.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh