Tutorial  Updated

Full Stock to arm9loaderhax CFW Guide - Everything You Need to Know (Includes OTPHelper Now)

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

This guide includes information to get you from nearly any situation to full arm9loaderhax CFW.

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

Last edited by Plailect,

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I'm quite an idiot. I've installed A9LH to >10 3ds'es now. On my latest atempt today, I forgot to backup the OTP.bin. I've been wondering all morning if I could downgrade my CFW sysNAND to 2.1.0 without losing A9LH. I don't want to go through all the sh*t just to obtain the OTP.

Kinto77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is it normal that sometimes the Home Brew Channel fails to boot?
It happened twice both in yellow and grey background color), as i was yet with a menuhax+emunand setup (but i am full a9lh with just sysnand)

Thanks in advance

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm quite an idiot. I've installed A9LH to >10 3ds'es now. On my latest atempt today, I forgot to backup the OTP.bin. I've been wondering all morning if I could downgrade my CFW sysNAND to 2.1.0 without losing A9LH. I don't want to go through all the sh*t just to obtain the OTP.

As long as you don't loose your A9LH, you'll never need it anymore, so, thread carefully, ;)

Is it normal that sometimes the Home Brew Channel fails to boot?
It happened twice both in yellow and grey background color), as i was yet with a menuhax+emunand setup (but i am full a9lh with just sysnand)

Thanks in advance

It happened to me also, sometimes. Maybe it has to do with beeing on ver 11.
If it fails, just try again, ;)

Reactions: Kinto77

tom5300

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I dumped my NANDS in part 4 of the guide. And my sysnand dump is the size of a Toshiba nand and my rednand dump is the size of a samsung nand. should I be worried? Or is this common and I should continue with the guide?

Kinto77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, I dumped my NANDS in part 4 of the guide. And my sysnand dump is the size of a Toshiba nand and my rednand dump is the size of a samsung nand. should I be worried? Or is this common and I should continue with the guide?
No worries. It is even described in the FAQ. Yours sizes are identical to mines

Appiccicato col G4

Forcom

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi, maybe a stupid question but I want to be sure.

In the guide it says "Copy and merge the 3ds folder from the EmuNAND9 zip to the root of your SD card". Does this mean I ONLY have to copy the 3ds folder from the zip file or that I have to copy everything from the zip file and merge the two 3ds folders?

Blackajiro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
[Old3DS]
After downgrading to 2.1.0 (Part 4 Section V) OTPhelper one click setup give me an error : stage1 and stage2 failed with 1 tmd not found or corrupt.
I read the Troubleshooting and i tried 4 times but even if the downgrade gives me no error OTP says that 1 tmd is missing.
What should i do?

BooBooBear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help me? I have just used OTPhelper to downgrade my old 3ds, and I am stuck on a black screen with and without a sd card. I have attached the log. Thank you!

Attachments

• OTPHelper.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 100

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Can someone help me? I have just used OTPhelper to downgrade my old 3ds, and I am stuck on a black screen with and without a sd card. I have attached the log. Thank you!

Seeing the log, it seems you injected "firm.bin".

What made you do that? Can you tell the story of the o3DS (did you format before the guide? where you already on CFW with existing EmuNAND? did you use GATEWAY cart?)

Please, try to give as much information possible but don't do anything more to the console, ;)

[EDIT] Looks like your situation is the same as this:
https://gbatemp.net/posts/6445580/
[/EDIT]

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi everyone, since Plailect is busy apparently, i wanna post my question in here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/c...aderhax_cfw_guide_everything_you_need/d6afo5f
I'm so confused about what to do next.

If you did the start of Part 3, you've formatted the SD CARD so your old EmuNAND is gone. If you have a backup of it, you can restore it with any Homebrew app like EmuNAND9 or Decrypt9 or Hourglass9, etc.
Make sure that you're restoring over the RedNAND you created.

Last edited by cravas,

BooBooBear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing the log, it seems you injected "firm.bin".

What made you do that? Can you tell the story of the o3DS (did you format before the guide? where you already on CFW with existing EmuNAND? did you use GATEWAY cart?)

Please, try to give as much information possible but don't do anything more to the console, ;)

[EDIT] Looks like your situation is the same as this:
https://gbatemp.net/posts/6445580/
[/EDIT]
Thank you so much for responding. I injected the 2.1.0 firm.bin as Plailect's guide says to do so if a firm0 hash mismatch happens. However, unlike the guy in the post, I injected mine into the emunand.

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

VFlea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry, but I just can't get past from Step 1 to Step 2. In order for someone to help me out, I'll try to handas many information as I can:
1) My 3DS is and old 3DS XL, it is on Firmware 10.7.0-32U
2) My SD Card is a 16GB, MBR, formated on FAT32, allocation unit size of 32k
3) I have followed the steps on the tutorial pretty well. I manged to enter the homebrew by the browser, installed the menuhax_manager 3.0 quite easily, and even managed to set the D-PAD Down as the key press to boot directly into the homebrew

I did reboot, as told, however, everytime that I try to boot into homebrew, by holding the D-Pad Down, I recieve the black screen with the error message from Nintendo, to shut it down. When I boot normaly, it works perfectly fine. Anyone could help me out?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5cgll8v7iA