Gaming Full Pokedex For Gens 1-5 inc Legendaries (transferable to X and Y - in other words, 'legit')

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I have a noob question.

if a handful of people download these pokemon, would that not make them not legit? as in wouldn't there be exact copies of it based on how many people downloaded it or does it not matter

because, correct me if i'm wrong, last i remember, each pokemon caught was issued a specific hidden id/hex value of some sort that makes it legit.

If everyone had the same pokemon with this same id, wouldn't that make it technically not legit when battling each other/trading or anything?

jollypolly89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a noob question.

if a handful of people download these pokemon, would that not make them not legit? as in wouldn't there be exact copies of it based on how many people downloaded it or does it not matter

because, correct me if i'm wrong, last i remember, each pokemon caught was issued a specific hidden id/hex value of some sort that makes it legit.

If everyone had the same pokemon with this same id, wouldn't that make it technically not legit when battling each other/trading or anything?

I like your question sir. However, you are wrong. What you are referring to is a Pokemon's PID, Personal ID number. This number is generated using the random values that the game assigns each Pokemon you meet, such as IV's, Nature and Ability. It is rare, but certainly quite plausible for two Pokemon on completely different games to have identical PID numbers. Say you were breeding a perfect Riolu. That Riolu is from Gen 4, it is Shiny and has the ability Steadfast (which is ability number 2 for riolu, and a Modest Nature, with a perfect IV spread. As it is from generation 4, it would use (lets call it) Method 1 to create the PID. The game would look at the specifications and return a legitimate PID number (that has been preloaded into the game) that matches those specifications. Now lets say someone in Japan is making a perfect Gardevoir from gen 4 that is shiny, Modest, perfect IV's and has the ability Trace (also number 2). The Ralts that is born of those efforts may well have exactly the same PID as that Riolu, as it shares the exact same specifications as the Riolu, even if it is a different Species/Region/ect.

In short, what Im trying to say is that PID numbers aren't special for each Pokemon, rather the PID numbers are a template to be used for the valid combinations of Ability, Nature, IV's, Shininess, and the game the Pokemon was created in. The only way a PID is not legitimate, is if it doesn't match up with any of the pre-existing templates. An example, lets say that perfect Riolu from before had the PID 1524362, the if you had a second Riolu that had that same PID, but had the ability Inner Focus, that second Riolu's PID would not be legit as it would not match the template (specifications) for the PID 1524362.

Hope I helped. Oh, also, does anyone here know how to extract data from Pokemon X? If so, then I can send you a copy of my Pokemon X save (by transferring to my SD card I think) with all 721 Pokemon on it, which can then be used for people with R4 cards or whatever they're called this time round.

OtakuGamerZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off thanks a lot, for this, I lost my LivingDex due to being a gateway noob. (Instantly transferred from my Bank to my Alpha Sapphire for instant pokedex completion and corrupted the save with them on it like an idiot)
Thanks to you I was able to import all of these to my Alpha Sapphire rom and get most of a Livingdex again, I'll be waiting for the Gen 6 update.

Had nothing better to do, so I went ahead and did a Gen 6 update myself. Enjoy :mthr:

Gen 6 .PK6 files - All 72 - ordered by NationalDex #
http://www.mediafire.com/download/kbdawbo1jieyfd2/Gen_6_.PK6_files.zip

Updated Master .PK6 files - Gen 1-6 - All 721 - ordered by NationalDex #
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ma4ji6kgmqakja8/All_.PK6_files.zip

Oh, also, does anyone here know how to extract data from Pokemon X? If so, then I can send you a copy of my Pokemon X save (by transferring to my SD card I think) with all 721 Pokemon on it, which can then be used for people with R4 cards or whatever they're called this time round.

Is it a physical retail cart of Pokemon X, a eShop version/.cia install, or a rom loaded through Gateway (3DS's R4)?

Gateway mode allows SaveDataFiler to function and can decrypt and export everything except a retail cart. Gateway mode can't recognize a retail cart, so neither can SaveDataFiler.
If what I read is correct then that fancy (and free) CFW going around recently allows SaveDataFiler to recognize a retail cart. Not sure or certain on that, though.

The Bank can be accessed by all versions as well, so if you don't want to mess with CFW and have a Gateway, you can just transfer the pokemon to a version that SaveDataFiler can read.

To export the save file:
Load SaveDataFiler and find your game either from the cart if physical or it's game ID of digital and export to SD Card
On the SD Card there will now be some new files. Navigate to SDCARD:filer/UserSaveData/[numberstring of date & time]/[the only folder in here]/main

The file named "main" is a unencrypted save that can be loaded by PKHex (6th gen pokesav) to export the .PK6
I'm uncertain if the whole folder can be shared to transfer saves.

jollypolly89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
All my games are retail carts :( Ill transfer a Pokemon X save to my SD and give the SaveDataFiler thing a go, where can I download it for free?

Edit: Oh sorry, didnt realise you had updated with the files. Thanks lol saves me some pain. Can you still let me know where to get the SaveDataFiler thing? It would be nice to practice for future generations.

MidLevelCrisis

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Got a living dex i've been completing since the original ruby and sapphire, and transferred em all every gen,however satisfying it was, having all of them took away the fun for me though since collecting was my main goal. so now it's shinies.
i don't mind people ARing pokes, as long as they keep em in their game. so much obvious hacks going around in trades.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1