OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Here's the rundown:

My friend who is a noob at wii hacking tried to mod a 4.3 black wii. He did the regular steps: letterbomb, hbc, install stuff and shit.

The problem is that he fucked somehow in the process and now he has a fullbricked wii.

The console turns on but shows nothing on the screen.

Here's what we have:

-HBC and bootmii installed, but only as boot1.
-Priiloader installed.

No backups were made, meaning that we have no backups of the NAND. I tried to unbrick it with a gamecube controller. Put it on the 4th slot and opened the controller so I could mash the d-pad but didnt work either.

Sorry there's not much info here, but I wasnt there at the moment my friend tried to mod his Wii.

Any help?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
if ur not sure if bootmii was installed as boot2, save the bootmii folder to an sd card (grab it from ModMii's download page 2 "BSD"), save it to an SD card and insert it in your Wii and power it up. If bootmii was installed as boot2, it will load the bootmii menu right away

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
The Composer said:
JoostinOnline said:
You said bootmii "as boot1". Did you mean boot2 or IOS? Boot2 is the rare one.

What I wanted to say is that bootmii wasnt installed as boot2, only boot1 (IOS)
It can't be installed as boot1, lol. There is no such thing. It must be bootmii as IOS.

What step was your friend on when he noticed the brick, and what guide was he following? No decent guide would let you continue without a NAND backup.

Also, can you access Priiloader?

The Composer

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
XFlak said:
if ur not sure if bootmii was installed as boot2, save the bootmii folder to an sd card (grab it from ModMii's download page 2 "BSD"), save it to an SD card and insert it in your Wii and power it up. If bootmii was installed as boot2, it will load the bootmii menu right away

I was sure that bootmii wasnt installed as boot2, because his wii was new.

At any rate I downloaded ModMii and did every step you suggested.

Nothing happened, further confirming that boot2 is not installed.

The Composer

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
JoostinOnline said:
The Composer said:
JoostinOnline said:
You said bootmii "as boot1". Did you mean boot2 or IOS? Boot2 is the rare one.

What I wanted to say is that bootmii wasnt installed as boot2, only boot1 (IOS)
It can't be installed as boot1, lol. There is no such thing. It must be bootmii as IOS.

What step was your friend on when he noticed the brick, and what guide was he following? No decent guide would let you continue without a NAND backup.

He didnt make a backup because his SD card was like 256mb and didnt have enough space xd.

As for the bootmii, then yes, I meant bootmii as IOS.

The Composer

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
JoostinOnline said:
You feel like answering my questions now?
smile.gif

I did.

The Composer

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
JoostinOnline said:
You didn't.

Oh Sorry:

This one: http://gbatemp.net/t171901-modify-any-wii-4-3-below

No. If the way to access Priiloader is pressing reset when you turn on the Wii, then no.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
The Composer said:
JoostinOnline said:
You didn't.

Oh Sorry:

This one: http://gbatemp.net/t171901-modify-any-wii-4-3-below

No. If the way to access Priiloader is pressing reset when you turn on the Wii, then no.
It's holding reset. Power on your Wii and hold RESET for several seconds. You still haven't told me the step.

I really don't like that guide, and not just because they suggest you update to 4.2.

The Composer

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
JoostinOnline said:
It's holding reset. Power on your Wii and hold RESET for several seconds. You still haven't told me the step.

I really don't like that guide, and not just because they suggest you update to 4.2.

Apparently he did some steps that werent on the guide, like installing the iOS 70.

He says that after installing the iOS 70 apart from the guide, the Wiimote froze up and the reset the Wii, thus bricking the console.

Well, Priiloader and bootmii arent weorking and we dont have any backups.

Btw thanks for your support, very appreciated.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
The Composer said:
JoostinOnline said:

Apparently he did some steps that werent on the guide, like installing the iOS 70.

He says that after installing the iOS 70 apart from the guide, the Wiimote froze up and the reset the Wii, thus bricking the console.

Well, Priiloader and bootmii arent weorking and we dont have any backups.

Btw thanks for your support, very appreciated.
Crap. Your friend probably installed a stubbed IOS80, or a real IOS80 on a Korean Wii. Did your friend buy this from a retail store of somewhere else?

The Composer

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
JoostinOnline said:
Crap. Your friend probably installed a stubbed IOS80, or a real IOS80 on a Korean Wii. Did your friend buy this from a retail store of somewhere else?

Retail. Brand new. It's the bundle that comes with Mario Kart and Wii Wheel.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
The Composer said:
JoostinOnline said:

Retail. Brand new. It's the bundle that comes with Mario Kart and Wii Wheel.
Okay, so it's not a Korean Wii (although I guess that wouldn't give a black screen).

Since your friend decided to skip the required NAND backup, there is no way to recover from this brick. He will either have to try returning it (unlikely that they will take it) or sell it for parts.

I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help, but your friend should have followed the instructions.

The Composer

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
JoostinOnline said:
The Composer said:
Yeah I know its hard.

I will try to look for any solution, but at this rate, with no backups and black scree, he is fcked up.
There is one last possibility. When your friend turns on his Wii, can he hear anything?

Well the Wii turns on and the disc drive makes the sound as if searching for a disc, the normal sound it's supposed to make.

We put a Wii game (SSBB) and tried to use the gamecube controller unbrick method. When the game was inside, I turned off the Wii and turned on and it made the regular sounds of a disc inside.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc