Full bricked Wii - firmware v3.1 USA console

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Spincast, Dec 7, 2009.

Dec 7, 2009
  1. Spincast
    OP

Newcomer Spincast Newbie

United States
    Hi!

I have an USA wii that has the 3.1 firmware on it and has a full brick.. (power light green & black screen) no modchip on the console.
    The only reason that i know the firmware version and region its because i did the Savemiifree method...

SSBB has the 3.2 firmware on it and ill be using that game on this, altough i also have access to metroid corruption and RE4. (all originals)

So my question is: the disc just autoboots and "updates" your firmware?
    or theres another thing that i have to do after i do the savemiifree method?

Now this wii in particular doesnt have a working disc drive so i have to wait maybe 2 days from now so that i have access to a friend`s disc drive in order to try this completely.

So any suggestions? (besides my question xD) , something i`ve missed?

and finally...

The thing here that this isnt my wii (not yet at least), the owner of the wii just doesnt want the console anymore so he is just gonna buy another, but if this bricked wii manages somehow to revive ill have a wii! xD and i dont have the money to buy even a second hand one so this is a really good chance...

Thank you for your time on reading my speech! ^^

2. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    You say you can get to recovery (3.1U in corner). Can you get to the health screen at all (even if it freezes when you push A)? If so, DO NOT UPDATE THE WII, you have a banner brick...

It will install the update, but games will not start after the update installs, so don't expect them to. The only indication it installed the update will be the version # will change on the recovery screen.

3. ocdetective

Member ocdetective GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Malaysia
    Load of games had 3.1+ on them. We are talking 3.2 not 4.2! However whether an update would work or not depends on the manner of the brick. Loading a retail game of a higher firmware is only useful when the brick is related to a previous update being from the wrong region (full brick) or corrupted/missing system menu. A banner brick would require a modchip installed to autoboot a disc so as to be able to use anytitledeleter to delete the corrupt title once you gain access.

4. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
    are you still on 3.1?
    if so, you can just boot an autobooting version of WAD manager to reinstall your IOS and SM and whatnot

with a chip of course
    if you neeed one let me know!

5. Spincast
    OP

Newcomer Spincast Newbie

United States
    Thankyou very much for your responses!

ive managed to get my hands on the disc drive in order to try the savemiifree completely, didnt success.

anyways, the console is not anymore with me (owner wants it like somekind of relic(?)

In all cases... thankyou very much guys again!

sorry to bother