Fuck this spyware shits.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
its deleted now, but the windows thingy tells me i have no AV installed. MBAM now blocks potential webstes, i should be good now, eh?

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Skyline969 said:
If you have MBAM doing active protection, you should definitely delete AVG. You should NEVER have more than one antivirus performing active protection on your computer at a time. It can conflict and cause problems. If you have another on there for only periodic scanning (my little brother has Avast for protection and MBAM for scanning), that's fine, but only have one antivirus for protection.
BTW, there are certain combinations of Anti-virus programs that are actually able to work with each other without conflicting.
For example, there was a PC magazine I read that recommends the use of AVG and ThreatFire at the same time (both with live protection enabled). They work together because they use different methods of detecting viruses (AVG is using a virus signature database, while ThreatFire monitors the behavior of programs). I used to use this combo, but I didn't really like it because ThreatFire has issues with some programs, and it has some issues with installing things.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
misteromar said:
Microsoft Security Essentials is a very good AV.

Yeah, it works pretty well for free anti-virus, it has all the functionality of a paid one (well, "paid" one). I've been using this along with AdBlock Plus and NoScript on Firefox and I've been virus free ever since.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Guild McCommunist said:
misteromar said:

Yeah, it works pretty well for free anti-virus, it has all the functionality of a paid one (well, "paid" one). I've been using this along with AdBlock Plus and NoScript on Firefox and I've been virus free ever since.
Yup, started using it myself some days ago. I'm still not telling people to use it because I want to test it for a bit longer, before actually advising it over AntiVir (which I used for years without problems)
tongue.gif

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
raulpica said:
Guild McCommunist said:
misteromar said:

Yup, started using it myself some days ago. I'm still not telling people to use it because I want to test it for a bit longer, before actually advising it over AntiVir (which I used for years without problems)
tongue.gif

I've used it for about a year now and never had any viruses/spyware ect

Definitely recommend it
biggrin.gif

Djay187

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
raulpica said:
Guild McCommunist said:
misteromar said:

tongue.gif
Yeah I've been using this as well, definitely seems to be pretty good for a free AV but just to warn people it does check to see if your copy of Windows is authentic, luckily my pirated version of Windows 7 passed the check.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
1 - System restore will not remove infections. In fact infections often hide inside system restore in order to come back and get you when you restore to that point at a later date. Any of you actually read what system restore itself tells you when you first start it up? :|

2 - We have a sticky in the computers section with much better advice than was given in this thread.

3 - Just because you don't see an infection doesn't mean one's there. Most of them (except the ones that try to scare you into giving their credit card number) will purposely remain hidden because if you know they're there, you'll try to remove them.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good luck on the Google redirects. I have been a victim of this a few times (currently am) and no scanner I have used is able to detect it. There are so many variants that it is hard to get into on how to uninstall it manually even.
rolleyes.gif

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
YayMii said:
Skyline969 said:
If you have MBAM doing active protection, you should definitely delete AVG. You should NEVER have more than one antivirus performing active protection on your computer at a time. It can conflict and cause problems. If you have another on there for only periodic scanning (my little brother has Avast for protection and MBAM for scanning), that's fine, but only have one antivirus for protection.
BTW, there are certain combinations of Anti-virus programs that are actually able to work with each other without conflicting.
For example, there was a PC magazine I read that recommends the use of AVG and ThreatFire at the same time (both with live protection enabled). They work together because they use different methods of detecting viruses (AVG is using a virus signature database, while ThreatFire monitors the behavior of programs). I used to use this combo, but I didn't really like it because ThreatFire has issues with some programs, and it has some issues with installing things.
Really? I used that a couple years back, and I had a couple of bluescreens. Maybe they've changed in a couple of years, but when I had it I was just begging for trouble.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
cracker said:
Good luck on the Google redirects. I have been a victim of this a few times (currently am) and no scanner I have used is able to detect it. There are so many variants that it is hard to get into on how to uninstall it manually even.
rolleyes.gif

True that. MBAM's been working pretty well against it but i know the virus is still there.

@raulpica

thanks bro. I'll PM you my ComboFix log.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
jan777 said:
cracker said:
rolleyes.gif

True that. MBAM's been working pretty well against it but i know the virus is still there.

@raulpica

thanks bro. I'll PM you my ComboFix log.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/4l3lyXcUDkI?feature=shared&t=43