From the creators of Jazz3D (Kind of)

Luke94

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Some? It is mechanism eight as far as I remember. At least one of the versions of Zeto had it, I can't play back the video now, but I'd swear all versions of Zeto had Mech8.
I remember it more Rocket Silos-like base 3D low poly level map in Unreal Tournament.
Anyway audio samples are also reminding me of Unreal Isotoxin.

LeoTCK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Mechanism Eight is used in more levels.

Outpost 3J used to be called Mountain Fortress which was originally a different level too (and its missing from the big leaked beta, there was nothing there just skytown even lacked skycaves). I'd swear parts of it got turned into Dm Elsinore because I seem to remember something like that from that missing beta I played back in 1998. The Mountain Fortress name is referenced in the strategy guide and interactive Unreal guide that came out with one gaming magazine. It was based on pre-release Unreal still because Unreal was meant to be released in that state but got unfortunately pushed back a little. Now maybe if that guy who bought that disc in the auction will come back and upload it, then we'll have it.

There's also "Mountain fortress" music track used in return to na pali in the last level. So yea....

Luke94

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Mechanism Eight is used in more levels.

Outpost 3J used to be called Mountain Fortress which was originally a different level too (and its missing from the big leaked beta, there was nothing there just skytown even lacked skycaves). I'd swear parts of it got turned into Dm Elsinore because I seem to remember something like that from that missing beta I played back in 1998. The Mountain Fortress name is referenced in the strategy guide and interactive Unreal guide that came out with one gaming magazine. It was based on pre-release Unreal still because Unreal was meant to be released in that state but got unfortunately pushed back a little. Now maybe if that guy who bought that disc in the auction will come back and upload it, then we'll have it.

There's also "Mountain fortress" music track used in return to na pali in the last level. So yea....
Is Mountain Fortress considered as something unused? Or not?

LeoTCK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Is Mountain Fortress considered as something unused? Or not?
The old level is never recovered but it was kind of a replacement for Amethyst at some point (another cut skycity level, its that castle that is seen in that artwork in some levels, like even the spawning pads on DmCurse). It was represented like a castle sitting on top of a cloud/floating rock and it was meant to be in the sky levels. Also there used to be a very different skytown earlier in 1997 with the clock tower and different music (most likely "tarwel" aka skytown track that got reused in another game where alexander brandon worked on). The older levels got created by Eric Reuter but it was replaced by Jeremy War's new skytown and amethyst got cut entirely. Some levels like DmKeep from the UT 221 beta are also inspired by those levels. Eventually that got cut too and DmBarricade got made in its place (JESUS CHRIST REALLY, HOW MANY TIMES DID THEY REDESIGN A SKY CASTLE LEVEL COMPLETELY?? 4 TIMES AT LEAST PLUS tHERE WERE CUT DM LEVELS FROM UNREAL TOO ONE OF THEM TURNED INTO DM TWILIGHT).

But the name Mountain Fortress got reused for older version of OutPost 3J that had also fans in the water tunnels that you had to destroy to proceed...

Also of the Mountain Fortress music track the second section didn't get used in Return To Na Pali at all....

Luke94

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I even remember two female playable characters in original Unreal Tournament of where in some kind of 3D low poly level map there were some kind of trampolines.

LeoTCK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I even remember two female playable characters in original Unreal Tournament of where in some kind of 3D low poly level map there were some kind of trampolines.
That sentence makes no sense. I mean there are lots of female bots, do you mean that? or you mean something else? Like statues?

There are many levels with jumppads in UT, I suppose that's what you mean by trampolines or was it custom level?

Luke94

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That sentence makes no sense. I mean there are lots of female bots, do you mean that? or you mean something else? Like statues?

There are many levels with jumppads in UT, I suppose that's what you mean by trampolines or was it custom level?
That 3D low poly level map in Unreal Tournament is kind of like Rocket Base in Unreal Tournament,but little bit more tight/claustrophobic. Like in Jazz Jackrabbit 3D.

Last edited by Luke94,

LeoTCK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
That 3D low poly level map in Unreal Tournament is kind of like Rocket Base in Unreal Tournament,but little bit more tight/claustrophobic.
Just play the game or watch playthroughs and tell me/show me the screenshot of it. Stop giving me vague descriptions. Do you mean the train level AS-HiSpeed or what? That uses Mechanism 8 as music.

LeoTCK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic

Ah, that's DM-Fractal. It was an Inuit Corporation level. But I guess I get why you thought its rocket base, its not though, its a special/experimental reactor.
Inuit Corporation was meant to be interconnected between a lot of the games including Unreal II (they built the relays on the "Hell" mission etc). They are responsible for a lot of weird/science prototypes. I suppose including a Large Hadron Collider like stuff in the future.

They are like the Umbrella Corporation and they are revealed to be the big bad in the Unreal novels and Unreal PSX. While most people including the people working for them, have no idea...

Luke94

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Ah, that's DM-Fractal. It was an Inuit Corporation level. But I guess I get why you thought its rocket base, its not though, its a special/experimental reactor.
Rocket Base like that one from in Jazz Jackrabbit 3D.

LeoTCK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Like did you edit that posted digital comment or not?
yes I did, I added this
Inuit Corporation was meant to be interconnected between a lot of the games including Unreal II (they built the relays on the "Hell" mission etc). They are responsible for a lot of weird/science prototypes. I suppose including a Large Hadron Collider like stuff in the future.

They are like the Umbrella Corporation and they are revealed to be the big bad in the Unreal novels and Unreal PSX. While most people including the people working for them, have no idea...

LeoTCK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Oh okay. How many prototypes?
OVER 9000!!!!!

:rofl:

No but really....

OVER THE ROAD BIG RIGS RACING

Its never stated. I suppose countless. They are ever-present corporation that gets contracted for many things and ultimately they hold a lot of background power. They are the main conspirators of the Unreal series, but its been hidden/cut from most of the storylines. They conspired to get Prisoner 849 imprisoned too....

Luke94

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
OVER 9000!!!!!

:rofl:

No but really....

OVER THE ROAD BIG RIGS RACING

Its never stated. I suppose countless. They are ever-present corporation that gets contracted for many things and ultimately they hold a lot of background power. They are the main conspirators of the Unreal series, but its been hidden/cut from most of the storylines. They conspired to get Prisoner 849 imprisoned too....
LOL XD.

Luke94

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This is a video I created but was uploaded on thebaratusii's channel a while ago. Since you guys are familiar with Jazz3d due to Luke94 being obsessed with it.

You might get to know now that there was an earlier 3D game on the Unreal engine that got cancelled (along with many other projects during budgetary cuts at GTI Interactive, the only early project under their publishing deal that survived was Wheel of Time) created by the same team as behind Jazz3D except with some different artists(most notably the main guy, Daniel Cook, a real talented artist with a vision) and without Dean Dodrill who was the guy who took over Jazz stuff from Epic at the time. The team was back then known as Eclipse Productions and not World Tree Games.

I managed to recover at one point most assets from this game though any full betas were lost and there are just a couple of "test" versions that can be assembled from existing files.

The terrain tests I imported myself, but there are supposed to be buildings placed etc which requires more work. There was a lot more done than is seen here, just nearly all raw assets were recovered but not the entire game itself.

Besides this was under a beta Unreal engine from 1997. The game was in developement since 1995 and originally didn't use the Unreal Engine at all. Some known people like Ty Halderman of the doom fame, also worked on the game in 1996 and a map (level in other words) was recovered that was his, however it can't be run on any of the recovered game versions so its useless unless unreal engine from early 1996 ever gets out again....
He might have had it but he died in 2015 before I could ask him or knew about his involvement..

When I showed this to Luke94, he said this
"He’s looking like Skinwalker/The Rake like that Creepypasta."
I dunno what that even is.

But yea in this state it is way less playable than Jazz3D lmao.

Maybe that 3D lowpoly playable character model mesh was reused in as Unreal 1 Nali unplayable NPC.

LeoTCK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
No it didn't really. But its similar in a way. I just wanted to link to the archive with the old concept art but I realized the link no longer works....well what can I expect from that jerk who claims to care about game preservation and doesn't really.

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto