Hacking From excitement to...the opposite

theblinky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This weekend I decided to take on the project of hacking my wii u, specifically the vwii. Mostly just as something to do, I enjoy experimenting with software, tinkering and things like that. Admittedly I have almost no experience and little knowledge in this area and clearly that came back to bite me. But also, apparently I can't read very well because I went ahead with all of this without doing any kind of backup despite what all the guides were telling me-- too cocky I am. You never think it'll happen to you, until it does.

Anyway, I had everything up and running but instead of being satisfied with what I had accomplished I stupidly updated IOS80 with the wii WAD and not the vwii one and now I'm bricked, black screen for me. I've spent most of the past two days reading these forums and others from top to bottom but none of the solutions have seemed to work, mostly I imagine because of my lack of NAND backup. I've tried booting directly into the vwii homebrew through wii u hbl2htc method but that didn't work. In the absence of finding a friend who has a backup, am I out of luck? Would that even work anyway? I know there are a few (that may be an understatement) threads about this already but this is my last resort in the hopes that maybe someone can provide some new information or solution for me to try. Thanks!

theblinky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe you can still play wii vc injects

I will look into that possibility, thanks. Damn I really wish there was a way I could fix this thing. If I were to buy a new wii u, which seems like the path i'm going to have to take-- do you know how the system transfer would work? If I did the system transfer to the new wii u, would I bring across the bricked vwii? Or could I just unlink my NNID from the old wii u and put it on the new one?

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think you can undo it but it will require some kind of Title Lister or patcher in vwii mode possibly by using the app as an inject possibly the ios80 vwii installer as an inject and try running it and hope for best.

So try injecting ios80 installer as a channel forwarder with techmoons injector and load it and hopefully you can apply the patch?

or do something similar something to access the titles ios on nand RISKY! only get an original ios80 vwii and replace then try again with the proper ios80 if it works.

WiiXplorer?

Last edited by CORE,
Reactions: theblinky

theblinky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think you can undo it but it will require some kind of Title Lister or patcher in vwii mode possibly by using the app as an inject possibly the ios80 vwii installer as an inject and try running it and hope for best.

Am I allowed to link to other posts on this forum? Anyway, Cyan posted a great guide on here somewhere called, "How to create a WiiU WiiVC channel with vwii wad manager to manage vwii NAND from WiiU." Is that something similar to what you're suggesting? It seemed like the closest thing to the solution but without a clean ios80 for vwii I think i'm out of luck. But I see what you're saying about the ios80 vwii installer, perhaps I could try using that in connection with his guide somehow? Please forgive me if I'm talking giberish, I'm trying to follow along as best I can.

Reactions: CORE

CORE

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No your spot on but instead use something to copy an original ios80 vwii but yes maybe tricky or hard to come by.

Or just like I said you could try using the installer ios80 vwii.

Reactions: theblinky

theblinky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No your spot on but instead use something to copy an original ios80 vwii but yes maybe tricky or hard to come by.

Or just like I said you could try using the installer ios80 vwii.

Ok CORE, I'm going to give it a try using the installer. Thanks for your help I truly appreciate it.

theblinky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I definitely got further than before. Using the injector I was able to boot right into the ios80 vwii patcher program however it doesn't seem to have successfully completed the patching. I get an "exception DSI occurred" error and it takes me back to the Wii U menu. Any thoughts on what could be causing that error? Or what does it even mean.

Last edited by theblinky,

CORE

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Possibly because it not the vwii ios80 so the patch fails.
If it keeps up then only oher option would be to do the latter I mentioned.

theblinky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm happy to report I've got it up and running! Instead of injecting the patcher program I injected the wad manager and with the help of a friends clean vwii ios80 I put that back on there. Thank you so much CORE for all of your help. And to everyone on this site really for all of the amazing guides!

Reactions: CORE

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.