Hacking Frogminer/ Pichaxx method ended up not working. Should I uninstall it or leave it alone?

Big_Berd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently using an old 3DS with Ver. 11.13.0-45U. As the title says, I tried installing homebrew through the Pichaxx method. It ended up doing absolutely nothing. The system runs perfectly fine as far as I can tell. I can access all areas of the system settings without any freezing (mentioning this in case it's a possible problem when installing Pichaxx). It's just that the Pichaxx method did not end up installing homebrew on the system. I have a few folders from the Picahaxx method still saved on the SD card, but I'm wondering if it's ok for me to simply delete them or if there is a specific process for uninstalling them. I want to try installing CFW through the method that everyone normally suggests, but I'm not sure if having the old Pichaxx folders on the SD card are going to be a problem. Any help and/or advice is appreciated.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently using an old 3DS with Ver. 11.13.0-45U. As the title says, I tried installing homebrew through the Pichaxx method. It ended up doing absolutely nothing. The system runs perfectly fine as far as I can tell. I can access all areas of the system settings without any freezing (mentioning this in case it's a possible problem when installing Pichaxx). It's just that the Pichaxx method did not end up installing homebrew on the system. I have a few folders from the Picahaxx method still saved on the SD card, but I'm wondering if it's ok for me to simply delete them or if there is a specific process for uninstalling them. I want to try installing CFW through the method that everyone normally suggests, but I'm not sure if having the old Pichaxx folders on the SD card are going to be a problem. Any help and/or advice is appreciated.
https://3ds.hacks.guide/

Reactions: Hoppy

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Because of your previous topic the direct questions:
  • Did you try https://3ds.eiphax.tech/frogminer.html ?
  • What do you mean with "It's just that the Pichaxx method did not end up installing homebrew on the system"? PicHaxx is just an entrypoint for loading the Homebrew Launcher. It does not install anything to the console (and deleting the files does not do any harm). Does Pixhaxx work/load the Homebrew Launcher?
If non of the *miner methods works for you consider buying the R4i Gold 3DS Plus for using the ntrboot method.

Good luck!

I don't think the universal link is going to help in this case.

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,

Big_Berd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because of your previous topic the direct questions:
  • Did you try https://3ds.eiphax.tech/frogminer.html ?
  • What do you mean with "It's just that the Pichaxx method did not end up installing homebrew on the system"? PicHaxx is just an entrypoint for loading the Homebrew Launcher. It does not install anything to the console (and deleting the files does not do any harm). Does Pixhaxx work/load the Homebrew Launcher?
To answer your questions, yes I used https://3ds.eiphax.tech/frogminer.html.
As for the second question, the final step of the pichaxx method is,
"You should now have booted into the Homebrew Menu. It will say "no applications found". This is normal. If you do see the Homebrew Menu, click the "I already have a homebrew entry point" button and follow that to get to CFW!"
This did not happen to me. The system simply boots up as normal. I triple-checked to make sure I did not do anything wrong. I followed the Pichaxx troubleshooting guide for "game launches normally" and still nothing has worked.

Before I go further I want to clarify the current state of my 3DS. Kleines, if you recall from my previous board, I mentioned that I was unable to access the data management screen of the system settings because I did not properly delete all CFW related software prior to uninstalling CFW. This is acknowledged in the guide for uninstalling CFW.

"Failure to remove all CFW software from both the 3DS and DSiWare sections before uninstalling CFW may prevent or disable access to the Data Management menu after uninstalling CFW"

After realizing that Pichaxx did not work, I said, "Screw it" and performed a system format thinking that it would delete all the leftover .cia games I installed. Good news, it worked. All the games were deleted and I was once again able to access the data management screen for both 3DS and DSIware.
Back to the present.
I noticed you said, "deleting the (pichaxx) files does not do any harm". Since I would like to try installing CFW through https://3ds.hacks.guide/, do you think it's safe to go ahead and delete the pichaxx files on the SD card? There is one file in particular that worries men though. From this pichaxx step,
  1. Navigate to:
    Nintendo 3DS > ID0 > ID1 > title > 00040000 > 0017c100 > data
    Note: the ID0 is the same one you used/found in Seedminer, the ID1 is the next folder inside the ID0
  2. Replace the save in this folder with the one you received from "Generating your save file".
I do not know if this generated save file will clash with other CFW installation guides, since it is not the save file that was originally on the SD card. Do you have any advice on this? Once again, thank you for your help, Kleines.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

edit: whoops I dont know the proper format for discussion boards

Last edited by Big_Berd,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: New Myoo.