Hacking Friend managed to brick his wii

Alexrose

Untitled
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, he has bootmii installed. 3.2e, with us shop channel. He installed an update off gh5 and his wii bricked. Bootmii won't load for some reason. Any suggestions?

marice

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiPower said:
But he does not say the the most important thing: Is it installed to boot2 or not?

yup, bootme installed as IOS is useless when it comes to brick prevention.
did he not just set "delay= 0" or something in the bootmii config (thus making bootmii not appear)?
if he only has an IOS install, maybe he should try savemiifree

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Did he downgrade from 4.x to 3.2? I think that the update on gh5 is 3.4. If he downgraded then that would have left a stub ios in the ios50 slot creating the brick. If that is the case then he's pretty much screwed without bootmii as boot2.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
longtom1 said:
you would think it's installed to boot2 if he's on 3.2e

I'm not sure if there are Wiis with the fixed boot1 that were delivered with 3.2. But anyways, there are people that downgrade Wiis that came with 4.0 to 3.2, so the system menu version does not tell anything about this.

Alexrose

Untitled
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It's a launch wii with bootmii as boot2, he's just failing to get it to work; the files don't seem to work. And, yes, he upgraded to 4.x and down to 3.2 again to change his shop channel region to ntsc for rock band 2.

It'll probably just be his files are messed up, I'm going to his house tomorrow to see what I can do.

Assuming I get bootmii to work, what do I need to do? Reinstall ios50?

Argon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it a full brick or a partial one? If it's only partial, tell him to boot Super Mario Galaxy. this requires the firmware update. Once the firmware updates it should work. This happened to one of my Wiis and I was able to fix it using this.

Good luck.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just get BootMii to work, take some sd cards in your bag...

If deleting IOS50 and then installing a working IOS50 version does not work, just update to 4.0.

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
even if he does get bootmii to load, there is no mention of a nand backup. so many people install bootmii thinking thats all they need to do, and completely forget to take a working nand backup.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if he has bootmii tell him to acces hbc with the app anyregion changer to reinstall the system meun to which ever he wants

RRoD420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did the same thing to my Wii, I did a System Format to "Start over" and i had the same issues, it was freezing when i would start any app from preloader HBC jus went to some lines on the screen. Mess around in Settings and change the IOS for the system menu. Try 30, 60, 249 as soon as you get system menu to come up do an official nintendo update. I eventually was able to install Wii system menu 3.2 (from nusd) and do a system update to 4.1 everything was back to normal and fresh new again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ooowwww a new way for me to beat NFS 510 :D @SylverReZ
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi, Yeah, believe you can do PSP games as well. But a Pi5 is much powerful in comparison.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not sure about other models of Pi4 but the Pi 4 B with 8GBs OCed to 2Ghz handles PSP really great except like 1 game I found and it is playable it just looks bad lol Motor Storm Arctic something or other.
    Other games I can have turned up to like 2X and all kinds of enhancements, Motorstorm hmmm nope 1X and no enhancements lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Waiting for Anbernic's rg[whatever]SP price announcement, gimme.
    +1
    I will admit that one does seem more interesting than the usual Ambernic ones, and I already liked those.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I dread the price point.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This looks like one of their premium models, so... $150 :glare:
    +1
    To me that seems reasonable.
    I mean since basically all the games are errmmm free lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean yeah sure but the specs are the same as a $50 model, it's just those pesky "quality of life" things driving up the price, like an actually working speaker, or buttons that don't melt, and stuff like that.
    +1
    I think all in my Pi 4 was well north of 200 bucks 150ish for the Pi 4 the case the fancy cooler, then like 70 for the 500GB MicroSD then like 70 for the Xbox controller. But honestly it's a nice set up I really enjoy and to me was worth every penny. (even bought more controllers for 2 or 4 player games.) hmmm have never played any 2 player games yet :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah that's what I hate about the RPi, it's supposedly $30 or something but it takes an additional $200 of accessories to actually turn it into a working something.
    yes that's the expensive part lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean sure it's flexible and stuff but so is uremum but it's fiddly.
    Yeah a lot of it I consider a hobby, using Batocera I am constantly adjusting the collection adding and removing stuff, scraping the artwork. Haven't even started on some music for the theme... Also way down the road I am considering attempting to do a WiiFlow knock off lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I want everything served on a plate plz ktnx, "work" is too much work for me.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Hmm, with that in mind, maybe a complete out-the-box solution with all the games collected, pacthed and optimized for me would be worth $150 :unsure:
    Yeah it's all choice and that's a good thing :)
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    animal crossing new leaf 11pm music
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    avatars-kKKZnC8XiW7HEUw0-KdJMsw-t1080x1080.jpg
    wokey d pronouns
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo