Hacking Wii theme bricked years ago

SonicNinja6600

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bricked my Wii years ago trying to install a theme. Thought about dusting it off and try to fix it again. I believe I had bootmii installed but when trying to hold reset down, it does nothing. Thankfully I do have a backup of my NAND and all my SD card files. Anyway I can flash the NAND back on it or are there new methods that may help me fix it?
WiiSD.png

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I bricked my Wii years ago trying to install a theme. Thought about dusting it off and try to fix it again. I believe I had bootmii installed but when trying to hold reset down, it does nothing. Thankfully I do have a backup of my NAND and all my SD card files. Anyway I can flash the NAND back on it or are there new methods that may help me fix it?View attachment 384592
If I'm not mistaken, you'll boot to BootMii via Holding Reset at power on, if you specified it that way.
Otherwise, it should boot to PriiLoader (by holding reset) but it seems you either skipped that step (installing PriiLoader) or you indeed are booting to BootMii but lost the BootMii files.

Get those BootMii files from here, put them in a blank SD card, and try again.
Screenshot_20230722-215625~2.png

If nothing happens, then I don't know how to access BootMii or Homebrew Channel without PriiLoader.

SonicNinja6600

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried putting those files in the bootmii folder on the root of my SD card and tried booting the Wii while holding the reset button and nothing. I can't remember if I only installed it as an ios but I know I never installed PriiLoader.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Tried putting those files in the bootmii folder on the root of my SD card and tried booting the Wii while holding the reset button and nothing. I can't remember if I only installed it as an ios but I know I never installed PriiLoader.
It's out of my knowledge then. As far as I know, Priiloader is the entry point to Homebrew Chanel, and that's the entry point to BootMii and that's when you restore your NAND.

Miss any of those and you can't do nothing.

Unless I'm mistaken (happens nearly all the time) and wait until a more experienced user sees your problem, they might know a different way.

Reactions: SonicNinja6600

SonicNinja6600

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes my Wiimote connected. I'll look into BlueBomb and post my results. 🙏
Post automatically merged:

Was trying to run the BlueBomb script on my NAS (Ubuntu 22.04.2) and kept getting errors with the bluetooth adapter not working with it so I might need to use another distro or something.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah no dice on BlueBomb. It seems to always get stuck at "waiting for satge0" and when restarting the script it keeps saying "Error binding to l2cap socket: Address already in use" even after restarting and/or disabling the Bluetooth adapter. ☹️ Anything else I could try / device to physically flash the NAND back on?

Last edited by SonicNinja6600,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: snake nipples?