Hacking Friend Got Banned Today Even Though He Did Not Connect Pre 11/18/16

75mak

Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo have upped their game.

This is going to go further than just the leaked version and online play.

They will start banning more 3ds / nnid with cfw. Its just the way it is.

In a business world these cfw 3ds consoles along with the sky3ds cartridges are costing them a lot. And finally with Pokémon sun/moon the cost of taking anti-piracy measures are less than the projected profit they would be making on sun/moon.

Expect to see a more aggressive stance taken by N

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

In a business world these cfw 3ds consoles along with the sky3ds cartridges are costing them a lot. And finally with Pokémon sun/moon the cost of taking anti-piracy measures are less than the projected profit they would be making on sun/moon.

Good thing it's a dying console and the Switch will take their attention in like, 2 months.

GilgameshArcher

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Where's the source of the information of banning CFW?

75mak

Trophies
XP
Country
Where's the source of the information of banning CFW?
Well there is no source it's the way I see things going. It's not scare mongering but just the way I see it. I might be wrong and instead Nintendo might think they got a good run on the 3ds and "switch" all attention to the Switch.

So all attention including moon/sun will be for the switch which will combine wiiu and 3ds to target all those customers.

Who knows? It's just my opinion, that Nintendo have sat back too long regarding 3ds cfw. I think they will start taking measures.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my friend just got banned sometime between friday and today, his 3ds was not banned on thursday he doesn't have internet at his house and came over here to download the game when he heard it was out on the freeshop.
he used the freeshop version and not the early version although he did start playing at 9pm about 3 hours before it came out over here he definitely never went online at all since he doesn't have internet access at all except at my house.

darkziosj

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
my friend just got banned sometime between friday and today, his 3ds was not banned on thursday he doesn't have internet at his house and came over here to download the game when he heard it was out on the freeshop.
he used the freeshop version and not the early version although he did start playing at 9pm about 3 hours before it came out over here he definitely never went online at all since he doesn't have internet access at all except at my house.

Maybe nintendo checks the journey started date? who knows really.

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A more feasible explanation is the play log
I doubt it, cause they allow you to delete individual entries

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If wireless comm was left on, spotpass could have gotten him stung...

D

Deleted-19228

I'm going to go with the amount of people reporting bans and not going online is so significantly low that whoever is telling these stories is getting bad information. If this was the case they would have banned way more people. They must have been flagged or gone online without realizing it.

MeatieMeat

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So is it safe to play yet (Freeshop Version) I noticed people saying there still getting banned on other threads too

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So is it safe to play yet (Freeshop Version) I noticed people saying there still getting banned on other threads too
no one truly knows. its all just speculation.
its funny how these things always happen to a friend and all.

Reactions: kingaz

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bet you $10 the only reason bans are still circulation right now is because everyone is told its OK, but Europeans are ignoring the fact that the game isn't released there until the 23. All these "its not safe" are europeans playing the game online and getting banned

In gist, if you aren't in Europe, its 100% safe because its released in every other region

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Do we have any solid news on whether merely staying connected to WiFi with Send System Information in Settings disabled is a risk? I turned the wifi on twice, each time for only about 20 seconds or so. The game wasn't running. And I don't wanna go online to check if I'm banned because well... catch 22. I'm planning to revert a full backup of sysnand + nintendo folder from before trying the games after the EU release date just to be sure, and only put the game in then.

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do we have any solid news on whether merely staying connected to WiFi with Send System Information in Settings disabled is a risk? I turned the wifi on twice, each time for only about 20 seconds or so. The game wasn't running. And I don't wanna go online to check if I'm banned because well... catch 22. I'm planning to revert a full backup of sysnand + nintendo folder from before trying the games after the EU release date just to be sure, and only put the game in then.

I had my wifi on the whole time (beat the game a week before release) and I wasn't banned. As long as you didn't access online features in festival plaza before release you are fine.

Reactions: gamefan5
D

Deleted-19228

I played the leaked version, recieved Munchlax and still no ban for me, Eshop working fine as is MK7 online... This is a really odd ban method! Surely it should be all or nothing?

The mystery gift events work even if you are banned.

I bet you $10 the only reason bans are still circulation right now is because everyone is told its OK, but Europeans are ignoring the fact that the game isn't released there until the 23. All these "its not safe" are europeans playing the game online and getting banned

In gist, if you aren't in Europe, its 100% safe because its released in every other region

And the lulz is Eur got screwed because they leaked XY a few weeks early.

no one truly knows. its all just speculation.

its funny how these things always happen to a friend and all.

I had a friend that ran Moon on his 2DS and 3DS, neither banned.
Another friend that confirmed they wondertraded early twice, banned.
I wondertraded early, banned.

bjaxx87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A few days ago I uninstalled the leaked CIA as well as its ticket and then checked Mario Kart 7, SSB4 and the friend list to see if I'm banned - I wasn't. I never used online features of Sun/Moon but I often had the Wi-Fi switch on and even received Spotpass messages while the game was installed so I still wouldn't call myself safe. I then injected my save into the freeshop version and continued playing (offline).

Anyway, today I will receive my physical retail copy and want to make sure I don't eff up if Big N really didn't catch me yet.

My plan:
- Uninstall the freeshop version
- Uninstall the ticket
- Use godmode9 to wipe my log and mii plaza records
- Use Pkhex to change the game start date
- Use Pkhex to change the dates when Pokémon were caught
- Inject the save into my retail copy and keep playing only that version

I know..., Pkhex shouldn't be necessary since the game only looks for the system date, but I want to think of every little detail. ;)

Anything else I should do before going online again?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @NinStar, I usually stop around 8 lol if someone seems legit I stop at that one. Lol