Homebrew FretFury

ShakeBunny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I just chose the use of .txt files, because they are small in size, pretty basic, and seem easy to work with.

EDIT: I just realized something. Putting spaces in between notes in the text file would not really help anything at all. It would only make the file bigger and more difficult to make.

So, instead of this
g b
ryb
g y

You could just have
gb
ryb
gy

The only place where you would need spaces is if you put down a hold note (spaces could tell the code which note to hold).

Moonlite

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok ive been checking out the comp. for the bounty and yes i kno this is off topic but were looking at a game that is a complete waste of time and a windows XP theme application(in french)

ShakeBunny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We should enter it now and next month. That way we could win twice!
smile.gif

alex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
He has to finish it though! I can't wait, I wanted to see one, yay, you are going to make SO many DS GH fans SO happy.

EDIT: If it read .txt, then it could check, if R, then send down a red gem. if R hits Rmaingem and hit +# in variable score. if not -1 rock meter. just a simple suggestion that you probably know. the order of it would be tricky though

theking_10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I've been following you guys since the very first page of the custom songs in gh:ot and I have to say thank you guys for doing all of this hard work. This homebrew will rock!
yaynds.gif

kusohead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, fuzzy gave up (well, more of a pause actually) on the super smash bros project which I ve been looking forward to immensely
Meaning this will definitely win the bounty for sure IF it could be finished on time

=========================================================
by the way, could you by any chance make like another rom that has pretty much the same interface as the fret fury, but instead of just reading txt files, it should be able to writes txt files too.

My concept is:
1.Make a seperate rom call Fret Fury Maker or something like that, import the song file into the rom.
2.Fire up your DS and the FFMaker, and just select the song (that you have just imported) like you do in the proper game
3.Play the song like you do normally, but without any notes (since you haven't got any)
4.Since you dont have any notes, you will have to make it up (which is the whole point), just listen carefully to how the song go and just play on as if all the notes are being generated in your head along with the rhythms and beats (this will probably be easier and more legitimate if you play real guitar)
5.So, everytime you hold a fret and strumm, the rom itself will write a note into a new text file
6.Afterward, you should be able to preview (play) the note sequence you've just blindly made, and if you think its not good enough, you can just try it again, until you're satistfied.
7.Different difficulty can be developed on the PC manually if you are not so good at whats written above

I think if you can do that, importing song would be a retarded-ly easy job

Though the concept itself is pretty complicated, right? but its not really as long as you can teach the game to write txt files. Anyway, its just an idea, you guys know what you are doing far better than me.
smile.gif

=========================================================

eldhand

Trophies
XP
Country
Vextroid said:
Just wanted to say i'm looking forward to this project. I really wanted custom songs in GH:OT and if this is the next best thing im really looking forward to it.

I'm looking forward to money.

ShakeBunny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry eldhand, but wazmo is getting all of the money. He deserves it the most.

Good news. I have finished the multiplier for the game. Here it is.

I also included sprites for the lights on the side and a mock screen shot of where the multiplier is supposed to go. Hope you like it.
smile.gif

@wazmo
Once again, you will be getting an email with these sprites shortly.

alex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
XD What's with the Do fish get thirsty?
tongue.gif

Dude, those are AWESOME! To avoid getting C&D wazmo, you should use all of penguindefender's sprites.

kusohead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont know why...but when I stare at that picture (guitar with red background) it makes my eyes think as if it is 3D

...is it just me?

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kusohead said:
i dont know why...but when I stare at that picture (guitar with red background) it makes my eyes think as if it is 3D

...is it just me?

It's done in perspective, so I can see why you would say it looks like it's 3d. But no, it is just you.

ShakeBunny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks 3d because of the way I drew it. I pillow shaded the flames to give them more depth, and I put subtle changes in the black part of the background like a lighter black rim around the screen, flames, and guitar. If you look close enough, you can see it.

I did this to give the image a higher quality look and feel. Also because the ds screens exaggerate changes in color. An image like this won't look plain, or flat, on the ds.
yaynds.gif

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOULD YOU JUST SHUT THE HELL UP WITH THE MONEY SITUATION. What the hell have you done to contribute to this project? Huh? Exactly. Just GTFO, People like you don't deserve to be witnessing this project in the works. Like I said, go get a job if you want money. But you're probably to young anyways, I can tell by the way you act all immature and can't take no for an answer.

EDIT: Oh and, I love it how you sit there and try to be nice to the developers saying nice things about them thinking they'll give you some cash.
QUOTE said:
I think its 3D too

And are you guys sure that you dont want me to take all money?

Not trying to flame, just trying to make them GTFO out of our lives here.

But great Sprites by the way, loving the guitar and also the multiplier meter with the x2, x3, x4 etc.

ShakeBunny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Brian117. It's good to know that my work is appreciated. Oh and, you didn't have to be as mean as you were to eldhand. I think he was just joking.
smile.gif

Yay!!! I just got my green ds lite shell in the mail. I gonna be gone for the next few hours as I want to mod my ds for like the fifth time. I just can seem to find a color I can stick with. Anyway, I be back later, hopefully with a green ds.
laugh.gif

Also, keep telling me which sprites I need to make. I'm running out of ideas. Do I need to make a rock meter to match my other sprites, or has someone already submitted one that you will be using, wazmo?

Oh! You will be needing a fretboard huh? Do you intend to make the fretboard taper down as it gets higher on the screen or do you want it to just lay flat on the screen? Please tell me and I'll get started on it as soon as I can. Bye!

@lostsoul5673 and wazmo
Do you want me to make everything single sprite for game in order to keep ripped sprites from being used, thus keeping us from getting a C&D? Also, we should change the color of one of the notes, that way it is not just like GH. Hey, we should all vote on a color!
smile.gif
I vote for purple!

alex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
penguin, you should make a rock meter for your own, like, one that matches your skin! And... a background too? That would be awesome! I can't wait until it's finished, I'm supporting you wazmo!

Oh yeah pd, a menu too.
tongue.gif

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think we should have penguindefender make all the sprites his sprites are awesome.

About penguindefender's idea to change one of the colors, can we have wazmo make a poll on the fretfury website to decide.

wazmo

Trophies
Website
www.freewebs.com
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
Also, we should change the color of one of the notes, that way it is not just like GH

really? cause i always really liked the color of the notes there just so.....familiar. and besides did rock band change the color of their notes?

anyways i have contacted a few people about the note flow and im starting to get a good idea of how to do it. expect a new demo soon. and penguindefender your sprites are so good and you have helped sooooooo much that i think I'll add your name to the project!
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1