WIP Freebird - Switch Clock Speed Control Sysmodule

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by JK_, Feb 5, 2019.

1. AnalogMan

AnalogMan ultraSuMoFramework Dev

Apr 20, 2007
    United States
    Just found this and wanted to clarify a few things I've read.

A) Atmosphere was randomly crashing on higher clock speeds but this seems to be fixed in a recent commit, so running a nightly build of Atmosphere should resolve this.

B) When over clocked the Switch will freeze if allowed to go to sleep. This is given a work around on page 9 where the overclocking shuts off automatically when entering sleep mode. However it needs to be turned back on after waking. Does this mean you can change OC values while a game is running or do you need to quit and relaunch the game to see the effects?

C) Is the link in the OP up to date with this Sleep workaround or should I be downloading the one from page 9?

Did I get anything incorrect or misunderstand anything?

Hashtastrophe and peteruk like this.
  2. AnalogMan

AnalogMan ultraSuMoFramework Dev

Apr 20, 2007
    United States
  3. peteruk

peteruk GBAtemp Addict

Jun 26, 2015
    The site seems a little odd at the moment and is messing up my posts... But yes I'm glad you asked those questions because I too would like to know :)

4. JK_
    OP

JK_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 4, 2015
    United States
    For B, as long as you have Atmo configured to use an applet like the album for the homebrew menu, you can change clock speeds without quitting the game. An on screen overlay would be nice if that's want you wanted, but I don't know when I'd have time to do something like that.

C: You can use the one on page 9 or this one. The one I linked doesn't turn itself off when the system is asleep. It's an option in newer builds, but only me and people testing have that right now. I haven't had any issues brought to my attention yet though, so soon. There's still a few small things I gotta get added and done before I release it.

Hashtastrophe likes this.
  5. JK_
    OP

JK_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 4, 2015
    United States
    Just an update: Currently getting feedback after about a week or so and implementing/changing things. Everything seems to work as intended, but some very good points and possible improvements have been brought up.

6. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Oct 3, 2015
    Australia
    42*South
    Do you think you will release the source at some point or?

Nastas95 likes this.
  7. DollyWhipDoll

DollyWhipDoll Royalty & Unbothered. LMFAO!!! ;)

May 18, 2018
    United States
    I don't blame you for having it closed-source, @JK_ . Not only is there that paid closed thing with free homebrew in it plastered everywhere, but there's that controversial 'dev' posting closed things, as well. The second this is opened, it'll get implemented elsewhere while laughing in your face.

8. Kirby567fan

Kirby567fan Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2018
    Morocco
    *cough*SX OS*cough*

9. Adran_Marit

Oct 3, 2015
    Australia
    42*South
    I tried, trust me man, I really tried, you would need sx to introduce their version of this themselves.

10. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    The other overclocker is open source if TX want to steal it.

11. JK_
    OP

JK_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 4, 2015
    United States
    Still undecided. I think I've said it before, but if something happens and I can't continue it, I will make it public. It's already up, just not public.

If SX needs something this simple done for them, it just confuses me and makes me question a lot of stuff, really.

Deathscreton likes this.
  12. Adran_Marit

Oct 3, 2015
    Australia
    42*South
    All good mate :3

13. Kirby567fan

Kirby567fan Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2018
    Morocco
    You re right. Actually I dont have an SX but the only thing that is intersting about it is that Team Xecuter are claiming that they re close to a solution to hack the patched switches.

14. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    There’s people who already have a solution for patched systems, TX wouldn’t be the first

15. Nastas95

Nastas95 GBAtemp Regular

May 13, 2018
    Italy
    Well, I'm Italian.
    Offtopic, sigh

ZachyCatGames likes this.
  16. crow132

crow132 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 19, 2016
    Saint Helena
    cpu oc fixed in atmosphere latest release (0.8.6) :D

Last edited by crow132, Mar 27, 2019
    Nastas95 and hippy dave like this.
  17. 2Siralv

2Siralv Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 12, 2018
    Canada
    On 6.2.0 and ams 8.6 it gives black screen any reason why ive added the ams required files but same thing

18. crow132

crow132 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 19, 2016
    Saint Helena
    I'm using it on 8.6 without issue, check your files and be sure to look for the latest freebird in this thread

Btw I was wondering, does freebird work well on 7.01? I'm thinking about updating my system.

Last edited by crow132, Apr 9, 2019
  19. zeldaism

zeldaism GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 19, 2016
    United States
    I’m on 7.0.1 and it works perfectly fine.

crow132 likes this.
  20. link42586

link42586 GBAtemp Regular

May 9, 2018
    United States
    I'm also on latest everything atm...7.0.1 and atmos 8.6 running the version that turns off upon sleep mode and it works fine.

Nastas95 likes this.