Freebird - Switch Clock Speed Control Sysmodule

This is a sysmodule/service for Atmosphere and ReiNX that uses IPC's to communicate with its companion NRO, Freeset. This allows you to use any clock speed I've found on the Switch. The only restriction I have put in place is that you must be plugged into an official charger or docked if you are crazy enough to want to use the highest two GPU clock speeds. I am leaving it completely up to you to choose what clock speeds you want to use. Be careful.

2019070911351400-DB1426D1DFD034027CECDE9C2DD914B8.jpg

Intructions:
  • Atmosphere: Copy over the contents of the zip and reboot your system to load the module. Open Freeset and use that to send over the clock speeds you want.
  • ReiNX: Create a folder in your ReiNX folder named titles if there isn't one. Copy the titles folder from the atmosphere folder to ReiNX/titles. Open "010000000000C235" and move the boot2.flag to the same directory as the exefs.nsp file. Reboot and freebird should now be working on ReiNX.

X turns freebird's clock setting feature on and off. Remember to turn this off before putting your system to sleep. I'm working on it™, but it will cause and require you to fully shutdown and restart your Switch if accidentally left on. When on, freebird will check and set the clocks if they don't match what you choose. When turned off, your clock speeds will be reset and no longer forced.

A sends over the clock speeds shown/chosen from the menu. Up and down change the currently selected option, left and right change speed.

If I missed anything, don't be afraid to ask. I'm open to suggestions too.

I'd like to thank @taggen86, @nabelo, @mathew77, @vanraz86, and @Kirby567fan for taking the chances and testing it. Thanks guys!

Download link: https://gbatemp.net/download/freebird.35566/

Last edited by JK_,

DerekGeneric831

DerekGeneric831
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Not sure if this has been done yet buuuuut.. I made an NSP for Freebird 0.8.1
works exactly like the NRO it's just easier to access straight from your home menu now so you can turn it on/off at ease..
make sure your Freeset.nro is in your /Switch folder and you have Freebird/Set setup correctly. Enjoy!
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HAeN9AuzYUafcaClin78zPjrh-xBVaNm
EDIT: This also features the No Sleep patch from Page 9.

aKyXWAa.jpg

C3wMJI1

Last edited by DerekGeneric831,

ZeroFX

why?
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

Xebastron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I have a problem, I updated the console to 7.0.1 for an update of Devil 3, and evidently Reinx does not work. Atmosphere crashes and shows blue screen randomly, is not stable at all :(. Do you have any solution?

Regards :)

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Not sure if this has been done yet buuuuut.. I made an NSP for Freebird 0.8.1
works exactly like the NRO it's just easier to access straight from your home menu now so you can turn it on/off at ease..
make sure your Freeset.nro is in your /Switch folder and you have Freebird/Set setup correctly. Enjoy!
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HAeN9AuzYUafcaClin78zPjrh-xBVaNm
EDIT: This also features the No Sleep patch from Page 9.

aKyXWAa.jpg

C3wMJI1
I'll so install this when I get home :)

Reactions: bonoboy

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I have a problem, I updated the console to 7.0.1 for an update of Devil 3, and evidently Reinx does not work. Atmosphere crashes and shows blue screen randomly, is not stable at all :(. Do you have any solution?

Regards :)
Are you on atmo 0.8.4 or 0.8.5? I want to see if I can duplicate it later. Sounds like a panic screen to me.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Note that on Atmo some games causes a crash if you overclock the CPU too much. I peraonally don't recomand overclocking above ~1300mhz (handheld)
He’s (probably) getting a secmon panic, which is different from the standard sudden black screen. They seem to occure more on 7.x than they do on 6.x and below

Nastas95

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well I do not understand why it did not happen in reinx.

I put the CPU has to work at 1.2Ghz ??
ReiNX is more stable than atmosphere when using Overvlock. It's a well known problem

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

He’s (probably) getting a secmon panic, which is different from the standard sudden black screen. They seem to occure more on 7.x than they do on 6.x and below

I've always got a blue screen when launching games on Atmos/Kosmos if cpu overclock was equal or above ~1300 Mhz, in 6.x and in 7.x too, never had a black screen, always blue.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've always got a blue screen when launching games on Atmos/Kosmos if cpu overclock was equal or above ~1300 Mhz, in 6.x and in 7.x too, never had a black screen, always blue.
huh. odd. I’ve never seen a blue screen, for me it’s always a sudden black screen, then it goes into RCM

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night