Free R4 flash upgrade to R4i with SDHC support-hackers needed

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by slashbot28, May 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slashbot28
    OP

Newcomer slashbot28 Newbie

2. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    Good Luck from elixirdream and SignZ [​IMG]

EDIT: hope you guys can overcome the hardware differences between the cards [​IMG]

3. eSquire

Newcomer eSquire Advanced Member

Australia
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't original R4s (and probably most clones, too) have a non-flashable BIOS, which means that you won't be able to use this even if it was hacked?

4. paul3100

Member paul3100 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    lol from the day sdhc came about on the ds/sdlite it has always been said that you couldn't just simply ass sdhc support to a flash card due to hardware limitations! So no software/kernal update is going to give sdhc on a non sdhc card period!

And whats more your not going to get the (i) part to work either , again hardware limitations as said above and whilst im here ill ask this....

Why the H*ll does anyone still buy R4 cards? the original as we all now know is long dead and the team split so now any cards with R4 in there name are clones/copys and not worth looking at especualy when there are other better cheaper cards now!

paul

5. dewback

Member dewback GBAtemp Regular

United States
    sounds like the R4ultra is a clone of the Acekard2. I do know they had a version 81 for the ak2i

6. HoTsHoT89

Member HoTsHoT89 GBAtemp Regular

Malaysia
    Come on, this issue about 'clone R4s and why people buy it' has been discussed enough already. Don't put people down about them getting cheap knockoffs that they already own.

Back to topic, hope someone can shed more light into this matter. I'm very limited with my knowledge of flashcart hardware, but I don't think it's possible. Seems that the hardware used in both flashcarts are different?

7. Sir-Fritz

Member Sir-Fritz GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    i know someone who recently randomly bought an r4 and claims its not fake cause hes "played games on it". He also said he bought it cause the place he got it didnt have any cyclods' (everyone i know has a cyclods after me getting one).

8. slashbot28
    OP

This is no discus about fake or real cards.

The toppic is : Can anyone remove the check in the UPDATE NDS file from team ultra, so it does not check what flashcard you inserted.

If that is done, i can try to flash the fimware they released on other flashcards and see if it works.

9. Shadow#1

Member Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

United States
    well actually the clone cards company's bought code from the acekard team that's why some of the clones can run acekard's loader

10. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    Either way I'm fairly sure that the R4 Ultra is an Acekard 2 clone anyway, so even if R4s had rewritable bootroms, you couldn't do anything with that fact.

11. slashbot28
    OP

I have extracted the R4i ultra NDS rom

and uploaded it here:
    http://www.electroking.be/R4iUltra.rar

Maybe someone can edit the ARM9 file to bypass the HW check

R4ultra card:
    Chip ID:0fc2
    HW: 8181

original R4 card:
    Chip ID:0fc2
    HW: 0000

12. Chris_Skylock

Member Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Philippines
    So, let me get this straight.

This NDS file is for flashcart like the R4 and if we open this file, it will flash the chip and our old R4 will have a DSi support and SDHC? nice. but isn't it that we cant have SDHC support since it's an old technology?

Reminds me if I can use a 16GB on my Nokia 5320 since it's an SDHC.

If the R4 was made during the SDHC period then we will see an update.

Reminds me that phones like Nokia 5130 has a max card of 2GB but it can handle 16GB. phones like the Nokia 6120 is not an SDHC but it's supported by upto 8GB.

If the R4 has this the same technology, we can see SDHC support. Remember that the Nokia 6120 is not a SDHC and ours was not updated but it can support SDHC. But the case of R4, I have yet to find out as I haven't tested any SDHC personally.

I just wish this was a step on SDHC on the R4

13. Strider

Member Strider Next to the mainstream

Hacking a rom does not magically convert an (clone) original R4 to an acekard (clone)...

Give it up already.

14. renes2

Member renes2 ~New World~

Germany
    Does it work on N5?

15. Strider

Member Strider Next to the mainstream

No. That's technically not possible.

The OP wants to 'hack' the update for the R4i (=Acekard clone) so it works on the original R4 (=different hardware). The N5 is a clone of the original R4 so different hardware too.

This whole thread is moot, sorry.

Also, I'd wish people would stop talking about R4 clones, the original R4 was a great product, but it's just dated and not being produced anymore. Also, there's no point in buying R4i since the Acekard 2i is cheap and the original...

16. Chris_Skylock

Philippines
    Acekard 2i is Php2,000 here in the Philippines. It's expensive. EZFi is Php1,600. DSTTi is Php1,200

No R4i from my supplier, thank God or will it?

Php47 = US$1 do the math

17. slashbot28
    OP

I don't care about al the cards & stuff

Read the topic, Is there anyone who can Remove the HW check from the .nds rom (ultrai_update.nds)

SDHC support is not HW its pure software update (look at the Wii update) it now also supports SDHC SD cards.

18. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    Chris_Skylock,
    i had mentioned this in another forum, some of the game shops from Malaysia are selling it at ridiculous price

price w/o microSD (if with microSD 2GB + 6-7USD)

19. slashbot28
    OP

I sell R4i card with 2GB microsd for only 45$ USD.
    Worldwide shipping!

20. Chris_Skylock

Philippines
    elixirdream, If these prices are from malls, then R4 (clones) are Php1500 in my country. Php 700 higher than those from my supplier. If we expect malls to sell Acekard 2i or even Acekard 2.1 itself, expect Php2,500 - Php3,000. Let alone this is the price of CycloDS from my Supplier.

I just hope that your mentioned pricetags are not from malls because Malls here in the Philippines are corrupt. DS Lite are Php8,300 (I'm talking at SM Malls other than Greenhill Malls) where as it's only Php6,500 in Greenhills.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.