smile.gif

EDIT: hope you guys can overcome the hardware differences between the cards
smile.gif

eSquire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't original R4s (and probably most clones, too) have a non-flashable BIOS, which means that you won't be able to use this even if it was hacked?

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't original R4s (and probably most clones, too) have a non-flashable BIOS, which means that you won't be able to use this even if it was hacked?

lol from the day sdhc came about on the ds/sdlite it has always been said that you couldn't just simply ass sdhc support to a flash card due to hardware limitations! So no software/kernal update is going to give sdhc on a non sdhc card period!

And whats more your not going to get the (i) part to work either , again hardware limitations as said above and whilst im here ill ask this....

Why the H*ll does anyone still buy R4 cards? the original as we all now know is long dead and the team split so now any cards with R4 in there name are clones/copys and not worth looking at especualy when there are other better cheaper cards now!

paul

HoTsHoT89

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
QUOTE said:
Why the H*ll does anyone still buy R4 cards? the original as we all now know is long dead and the team split so now any cards with R4 in there name are clones/copys and not worth looking at especualy when there are other better cheaper cards now!
Come on, this issue about 'clone R4s and why people buy it' has been discussed enough already. Don't put people down about them getting cheap knockoffs that they already own.

Back to topic, hope someone can shed more light into this matter. I'm very limited with my knowledge of flashcart hardware, but I don't think it's possible. Seems that the hardware used in both flashcarts are different?

Sir-Fritz

Trophies
XP
Country
paul3100 said:
QUOTE said:

lol from the day sdhc came about on the ds/sdlite it has always been said that you couldn't just simply ass sdhc support to a flash card due to hardware limitations! So no software/kernal update is going to give sdhc on a non sdhc card period!

And whats more your not going to get the (i) part to work either , again hardware limitations as said above and whilst im here ill ask this....

paul
i know someone who recently randomly bought an r4 and claims its not fake cause hes "played games on it". He also said he bought it cause the place he got it didnt have any cyclods' (everyone i know has a cyclods after me getting one).

slashbot28

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is no discus about fake or real cards.

The toppic is : Can anyone remove the check in the UPDATE NDS file from team ultra, so it does not check what flashcard you inserted.

If that is done, i can try to flash the fimware they released on other flashcards and see if it works.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dewback said:
sounds like the R4ultra is a clone of the Acekard2. I do know they had a version 81 for the ak2i

well actually the clone cards company's bought code from the acekard team that's why some of the clones can run acekard's loader

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
So, let me get this straight.

This NDS file is for flashcart like the R4 and if we open this file, it will flash the chip and our old R4 will have a DSi support and SDHC? nice. but isn't it that we cant have SDHC support since it's an old technology?

Reminds me if I can use a 16GB on my Nokia 5320 since it's an SDHC.

If the R4 was made during the SDHC period then we will see an update.

Reminds me that phones like Nokia 5130 has a max card of 2GB but it can handle 16GB. phones like the Nokia 6120 is not an SDHC but it's supported by upto 8GB.

If the R4 has this the same technology, we can see SDHC support. Remember that the Nokia 6120 is not a SDHC and ours was not updated but it can support SDHC. But the case of R4, I have yet to find out as I haven't tested any SDHC personally.

I just wish this was a step on SDHC on the R4

Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No. That's technically not possible.

The OP wants to 'hack' the update for the R4i (=Acekard clone) so it works on the original R4 (=different hardware). The N5 is a clone of the original R4 so different hardware too.

This whole thread is moot, sorry.

Also, I'd wish people would stop talking about R4 clones, the original R4 was a great product, but it's just dated and not being produced anymore. Also, there's no point in buying R4i since the Acekard 2i is cheap and the original...

slashbot28

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't care about al the cards & stuff

Read the topic, Is there anyone who can Remove the HW check from the .nds rom (ultrai_update.nds)

SDHC support is not HW its pure software update (look at the Wii update) it now also supports SDHC SD cards.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Chris_Skylock,
i had mentioned this in another forum, some of the game shops from Malaysia are selling it at ridiculous price

price w/o microSD (if with microSD 2GB + 6-7USD)

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
i had mentioned this in another forum, some of the game shops from Malaysia are selling it at ridiculous price

elixirdream, If these prices are from malls, then R4 (clones) are Php1500 in my country. Php 700 higher than those from my supplier. If we expect malls to sell Acekard 2i or even Acekard 2.1 itself, expect Php2,500 - Php3,000. Let alone this is the price of CycloDS from my Supplier.

I just hope that your mentioned pricetags are not from malls because Malls here in the Philippines are corrupt. DS Lite are Php8,300 (I'm talking at SM Malls other than Greenhill Malls) where as it's only Php6,500 in Greenhills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool