PS1/2 Free MCBoot Install Service

Masume

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most if not all of those 128mb cards either require a bootdisc or an official Sony card to plug into it to bypass the magicgate security Sony used back in the day to stop unlicensed 3rd party memory card makers. Freemcboot won't work with a bypass such as a bootdisc or whatever as it interferes with the exploit mcboot relies on to auto execute.

That being said, im in the states and willing to do fmcb installs for people in the US. If the OP wants to add me to the list it would be great :). If you need any sort of proof im more than willing to provide whatever info you need for verification :)
If you dont mind sending me a message im interested(have no idea how to pm since its 5.45am, figured this be the best way to contact you.)

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So do people still make new memory cards? I only had a 8MB one but wondered if there was some 3rd party Best one with huge storage still being made that wasn't expensive.
There are tons of 3rd party memory cards available on places like amazon and eBay. If you want to be able to use it with free mcboot, you have to make sure the card is going to "just work" without a bootdisc or plugging an official card in too. The exploit runs at startup and if the startup sequence is interfered with it will break free mcboot. If you're unsure, ask the seller if its just plug and play like the official ones. If not, move on to the next one...

silvercricket

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He indeed does still offer this. Friendly guy and quick shipping, highly recommend if you're in the states.
right now i'm torn between softmodding it myself or sending in one to softmod it, i'd have to pay for shipping both ways, but I don't have a copy of 007 agent under fire, that being said 007 agent under fire is pretty cheap, still its something to consider...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb