Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Free MCBoot Install Service

What is Free MCBoot? (Also referred to as FMCB.) It is a softmod of sorts, that allows you to play disc "backups" on your PS2, launch Homebrew, and even USB Load games. There's a tutorial located here. On how to install it yourself, but if you would like skip the hassle of opening up your PS2, we've got the solution. We'll install it on your memory card. For free, just cover shipping. We'll install ESR, a HDD Loader, and a Homebrew launcher. Below is a list of users willing to install it. Just send them a PM, and they'll set it up. (Hopefully we can get a nice list of users, located in various locations to cut down on shipping costs.

1. PM one of the users below.
2. Inform them you will be sending them a PS2 memory card, for them to install FMCB on.
3. Ask for their address.
4. Pack, and ship the PS2 memory card to their address.
5. Wait..... Enjoy, when it returns to you.

Side Notes:The PS2 Memory card, must have at least 2.6 MBs free. If it doesn't we'll try our best to contact you. If we can't reach you, we will simply make space. By deleting saves. Please when you ship out a PS2 memory card to one of the users below, include a slip with your name, address, and user name. In case we lose the original packaging. When shipping it either include money for return postage, or collaborate with one of the user so that that can ship your memory card back out to you. Thank you. (Don't forget to thank the user. We do this on our free time, for absolutely nothing.)

USA/Zip Code
Canada
Europe

USA Sellers

QUOTE(saxamo @ Jul 28 2010, 02:28 PM)
I sent Devin a PS2 memory card to install Free McBoot on it. It came back within 4-5 days. I would trust him with much, much more!

97e88dd6.jpg

ce752d56.jpg

f16ace3b.jpg

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before anyone asks. I know Fudge personally so I added him to the list. He's trustworthy. I'm not going to add someone with no reputation to the list due to the possibility of them stealing someones memory card, when they ship it to them.

chaosdarkneo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh... this'd be a nice way for me to make some money without a job... But as you said, I have no reputation, and this is a free service. Once I get a job and do more on GBAtemp, I might join as a hobby.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd be willing to do the same.

I've also made a updated FMCB guide in the other consoles FAQ/Guide section if anyone feels they can do this on there own.

DeltaBladeX

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I've done it for a couple of people locally, but damned if I'd want to do it for more people. Plus, obviously an unknown person. Pity though, this list needs people outside the US.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBladeX said:
I've done it for a couple of people locally, but damned if I'd want to do it for more people. Plus, obviously an unknown person. Pity though, this list needs people outside the US.
Agreed, the list can't just be USA only.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nujui said:
DeltaBladeX said:

As soon as some trustworthy non-US people want to help out, I'd be glad to update the list. Until then.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Can MCBoot be installed via SwapMagic or something? The PS2 downstairs uses SwapMagic (but at the same time I never get to use it because it's downstairs only ;_;) and I'll be willing to if it can.
Nujui said:
DeltaBladeX said:
Well people need to say they're willing to do it first obviously.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
prowler_ said:
Nujui said:
DeltaBladeX said:
Well people need to say they're willing to do it first obviously.
Yeah
tongue.gif

Though only US people so far are saying anything.

EDIT: Yes it can Prowler.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkStriker said:
Listing their location in the US would be nice? Like i would rather try to see if their close to me before i ship it away.

Not a bad idea, I added it to the list.

@prowler_ Shall I put you down, as a installer?

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just some more proof, to disprove any suspicion. Just installed FMCB on his two memory cards.

[title:Proof :3]
97e88dd6.jpg

ce752d56.jpg

f16ace3b.jpg

We need some non-US people.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jakob95 said:
So I am not accepted?

Well, this is basically non-profit. The guy who sent me his two memory cards, was nice enough to give me some money. I never asked, or begged for money in return. From what I saw you post, you wanted something in return. If that was a joke, fair enough, XD I'll add you on.

BenRK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may be willing to sell people PS2 memory cards with Free MCBoot installed on them right away. Of course, this would cost money. Some money for me to buy the memory card, and money to ship it out... Any thoughts?

This would be great for people like me. Well, like how I was couple months ago. Just starting up the whole PS2 stuff, found a PS2 that only had the video and power cables, had to buy a controller and a memory card, and for the longest time, didn't have the game needed to soft mod.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BenRK said:
I may be willing to sell people PS2 memory cards with Free MCBoot installed on them right away. Of course, this would cost money. Some money for me to buy the memory card, and money to ship it out... Any thoughts?

This would be great for people like me. Well, like how I was couple months ago. Just starting up the whole PS2 stuff, found a PS2 that only had the video and power cables, had to buy a controller and a memory card, and for the longest time, didn't have the game needed to soft mod.

Not a bad idea. At some places, PS2 memory cards are quite hard to find. Sounds pretty good. I'll have to add that in the first post, if you'd like to do so.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1