Four swords adventure and nintendont question.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Mariosl10, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Mariosl10
    OP

Mariosl10 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    Before I go out and buy 2 other gba's,is it possible to play four swords adventures on nintendont with 4 other game boy (advanced plural)?

2. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Guru

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Yes. It requires a Wii with Gamecube ports and native controls turned on in Nintendont.

3. Mariosl10
    OP

Mariosl10 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    OK thanks!

4. Eoncats

Eoncats Member

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2018
    United States
    Can i use the gamepad with forwarder?

5. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Guru

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Please read the Nintendont support thread. Your question has nothing to do with this topic.

6. SonicMC

SonicMC GBAtemp Fan

Dec 6, 2007
    United States
    IIam guessing you are asking about using Wii u with Wii u gamepad... Wi u does not support gba functions. The Wii u gamepad also does not work as a substitute gba.

Gba support Requires a regular Wii that has the GameCube ports built into the system. A gba for each player and a gba to gc cable for each player as well. Game boy micro can work... But requires it's own special cable which is even harder to find; not recommended.

1-player mode might work with an injection/forwarder setup you are suggesting, where gamepad acts as the controller; but I have not tried getting it to work in this setup. 1-player mode does not require any gba.

7. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    1-player mode should work, as Nintendont supports the gamepad when loaded through WiiVC.

8. MikaDubbz

MikaDubbz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 12, 2017
    United States
    It's a shame that the gamecube controller adapter for the Wii U can't recognize a GBA when its connected. Heck the Bongos can work this way on a Wii U, but there understandably is more going on with the GBA connected, so I get why they can't connect. Seriously, the proper 4 Swords experience along with a few other Gamecube titles that can connect with a GBA, is the only reason I keep my OG Wii around, since otherwise my Wii U can do everything my hacked Wii can do, and then some.

Last edited by MikaDubbz, Feb 25, 2018
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted