Gaming Four New Harvest Moon Games, Discussion and News

nwong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
lol your english is better than you think. dont like IoH~ and is it just me or are the characters in IoH bigger lol or the screen is more zoomed in. guess im just used to playing RF

nwong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the controls are in the way? O_O they arent for me. i hardly ever use the stylus unless its to hold L and select the squares on the farm.

-Demon-

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
nwong said:
lol your english is better than you think. dont like IoH~ and is it just me or are the characters in IoH bigger lol or the screen is more zoomed in. guess im just used to playing RF
Nah, I had the same feeling..not to mention the useless map on the upper screen

Well, about graphics I still prefer a good "old school" 2D, especially in this kind of games

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Private|Parts said:
TBH, I see Rune Factory as a different franchise as Harvest Moon. Although the basic premise is the same, that's where the two games separate. That's like saying Vegas 2 and Gears of War 2 are in the same series, because they both rely on cover-based combat.

Harvest Moon has gone downhill, IMO, since the GBA version. Hopefully these will be a return to form, with promised D-Pad support.

Since the GBA version? Really?

Shit went downhill after the N64 version. That and the original are the best, the rest are just goddamn horrible.

Edhel said:
QUOTE(DSGamer64 @ Jul 13 2009, 05:44 AM) They really are milking the shit out of Harvest Moon on the DS aren't they?

Unfortunately it is getting worse and worse. I do love the harvest series, I just wish they would focus on one, maybe two games of the franchise, that way they could implement more features and bug fixing. Each new release has minor improvements at best with a few exceptions and are generally riddled with bugs.

I wish they'd make another game like the original. Maybe take a bit of the tedium out, but none of that "Wait for ages until you can upgrade your tools" bullcrap. At least in the original they were single (major) upgrades done by the harvest sprites that happened during/after Fall of the first year, instead of having to get ore and whatnot then give a guy money to upgrade your damn tools for a minor improvement.

The Islands system was even god damn worse, adding attachments to the tools. What the hell am I playing, Harvest Moon or Diablo?

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The GBA version roxed ass.

Strangely, I couldn't find myself playing the N64 version for long. I'll have to give it another go.
The only one I really enjoyed of the new Harvest Moons is Magical Melody. Got addicted to it for a while
tongue.gif

IoH could've been much better. After a while it just gets boring, maybe prolly because of the control scheme.
Sunshine and Friends (or how it's called) has a much better control scheme, and reminds me much of a improved IoH. I can't wait for it.

Played Tree of Tranquility too, but since it's only out in NTSC, I can't stand playing it with that overall "sluggish" feeling. Stupid PAL/NTSC thingies.
Probably gonna wait for Waku Waku no Animal March, since it's an improved version of it.

As for Wind's Bazaar... You can jump in it. Nice. But the farming controls SUCKED. Or at least I had that impression, when playing the Japanese version.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I did like the GBA ones.

Strangely the one I played the most was the Playstation 1 Harvest Moon game emulated. It was kind of like the N64 one, but I saw it as an improvement. I also played the SNES one alot, it may be old be it was very addictive back then.
smile.gif

nagareboshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I loved the SNES version. And GBC. But after that it just got worse, as you said.

They're also planning a HM game for DSi. At least that's what I read.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok