Hacking found my modchip

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
okay so i finally opened the wii and had a look at my modchip

i wasnt very sure but i found a masking tape covering up a chip or board i slowly removed it and it was gold colored,wii magic written on it,also it had a 2.0 on the black chip in the middle of the gold "plate"

i am now wondering if anyone else had heard of this chip if so can anyone tell me if its updateble?

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I could find is some information on WiiMagic 3.0, which is a mixture of WiiD and DuoWii. It is fairly safe to say it is not updateable via DVDRom or programmer. It's not even the newest
tongue.gif
It might even be a clone of WiiD or DuoWii, but I can't tell. All I know is it is cheap, very cheap. I also can't find one for sale
tongue.gif

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey jan finally! Way to go! Was the Wii opening that hard? Has the guide helped?

Anyway, um...hmmm...I haven't heard of chip like that. Really! I can't even find it on google. (And I searched about ten pages...).
Well...I would change the chip I think. I have heard of tons of chips but not this. Of course it's again yours decision. And removing and installing new chip is far, far more dangerous than opening the wii, just my experience *remembers screwed soldering by grandpa* I mean, when I first opened my wii BAH! Cables thet have connected my older chip (OpenWii) with the board were...hmmmm...like these that are attaching the board, and are multi-colored. I was like ahhh...(my chip stopped working). I found two cables just free from board. The whole day had finally end when:
1) Genius removing soldering points
dry.gif

2) Trying to solder the chip to Panasonic chipset
wacko.gif

3) Bridging two legs of chipset
cry.gif

4) Buying something to unsolder.
frown.gif

5) Closing the wii
rofl2.gif

6) Buying on an Allegro (like Polish-E-Bay) proffesional installation of WASABI chip by MICRO_GAMES group
laugh.gif

But I heard your grandpa is super-skilled person. So he will have no problem at all. Just have little soldering iron. These 150W are rather bad.

jan777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hahaa well in here if you know the right places you might even think piracy is legal(of course it isnt)

they have here a modchip installation (and about 20 stores selling pirated wii disc) for only $25 or so (wiikey) i doubt my grand pa will have a go at it

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
You have funny country. There in Poland if you find a Wii, you're a super master. There are only Playstations 3 and XBOX360. No! Wait I have one time seen one DS lite. Oh, and in EMPIK (console shop - kinda) there was one nunchuk. And that's not because they are going that fast. NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT THEM! There is maybe like 1000people thet know what even Nintendo is.

Anyway. Wiikey...it will have the same 001 errors. And you buy your games, right? You should buy an unsoldering tool and desolder wii magic. Without it there will won't be any 001 errors. And I would buy something better. I had an openwii and it never had any 001 errors. I have now an Wasabi and it have neither. But you tell that for 20$ you can buy modded drive? %$!@ there one drive (unmodded!) is for 255zl so 110$, Wii with openwii costs 1290zl (mine) so 560$ (if you buy it on allegro, polish e-bay kinda). I have still my unsoldered openwii, maybe someone will want it there (in my city there are 3people that have wii including me)

jan777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ahhh but i buy pirated ones as we are very poor and that wiikey i will buy will be on august if i save up the money

and i will ask the installer to update the chip for error 001

for error 001 the geckoRF sometimes avoides it (i SSBB and SMG but no mario kart) so i have to use it for the time being

i already have classes here so i cant post like usual

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay