Hacking Force Wii to go in 60Hz (or 480p) mode

badabing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I know there is a way to force the Wii into 50Hz mode, by holding down+A on startup or something. But now that I semi-bricked my PAL Wii (WiiKey), I'm stuck in 50Hz. Is there a trick like the 50Hz, to turn it into 60Hz? Maybe up+A? Anyone experienced?

Also, is it possible to go into maintenance-mode with a semi-bricked Wii?

EDIT: Just read somewhere, that there's supposed to be a GBAtemp-post about fixing a semi-bricked Wii due to going into Maintenance Mode.. Can't find it anywhere though.

MelonSmasher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have kinda the same problem...(not bricked) but when i set my wii on 60hz my tv just stops with showing me the wii game

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I know there is a way to force the Wii into 50Hz mode, by holding down+A on startup or something. But now that I semi-bricked my PAL Wii (WiiKey), I'm stuck in 50Hz. Is there a trick like the 50Hz, to turn it into 60Hz? Maybe up+A? Anyone experienced?

EDIT: Just read somewhere, that there's supposed to be a GBAtemp-post about fixing a semi-bricked Wii due to going into Maintenance Mode.. Can't find it anywhere though.
No, maintenance mode does not fix anything, at least not without other button combinations too.
Wait for a PAL game that has a new update (assuming you had 3.1E, you need to wait for 3.2E, otherwise you're in luck, just find a recent game with 3.1E on it, I think SMG has it)

MelonSmasher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have kinda the same problem...(not bricked) but when i set my wii on 60hz my tv just stops with showing me the wii game

Not really the same. But, are you sure your TV supports 60Hz? You can play in 50Hz right?

I know , but its a very new widescreen plasma tv!!! one of the newest from phillips (pal) i should thinks they support it because i also have another phillips tv on my room which is older but here is works

legendofninny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a samsung widescreen HD-ready tv, a model from 2007 (I think).
And when my wii is in 60 HZ mode i doesn't display al that well, but in 50 Hz it does.
So conclusion it works beter in 50 hz

maby its the same for yours

MelonSmasher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
And when my wii is in 60 HZ mode i doesn't display al that well, but in 50 Hz it does.

are you fromthe netherlands 2????

because it sounds like the same problem!!

i set it on 60 hz my screen is getting smoggie than i start brawl and it doesnt display anything anymore!!!
but when i set it on 50 hz brawl works fine with some freezes.

badabing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

No, maintenance mode does not fix anything, at least not without other button combinations too.
Wait for a PAL game that has a new update (assuming you had 3.1E, you need to wait for 3.2E, otherwise you're in luck, just find a recent game with 3.1E on it, I think SMG has it)

I don't think your theory goes up: You always have 3.1 when you are playing SSBB. So I always have to wait for a 3.2E update...

badabing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

are you fromthe netherlands 2????

because it sounds like the same problem!!

i set it on 60 hz my screen is getting smoggie than i start brawl and it doesnt display anything anymore!!!
but when i set it on 50 hz brawl works fine with some freezes.

You do know you have to wait a couple seconds before the game starts in 60Hz, right? Also: you turned Deflicker off?

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
how did u semi-brick ur wii

Well, I was told, when I played SMG I'm safe to play SSBB(J) SL. Apparently that ain't so. I should've updated my Wii thru WiFi first..
Super Mario Galaxy already has the latest update included, so if you tried to update through WiFi, it'd tell you your Wii is already up-to-date...

I semi-bricked my brother's Wii with the 15% trick, even though his Wii was updated to 3.1E...I guess it depends on when you pull the plug
unsure.gif

badabing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
how did u semi-brick ur wii

Well, I was told, when I played SMG I'm safe to play SSBB(J) SL. Apparently that ain't so. I should've updated my Wii thru WiFi first..
Super Mario Galaxy already has the latest update included, so if you tried to update through WiFi, it'd tell you your Wii is already up-to-date...

I semi-bricked my brother's Wii with the 15% trick, even though his Wii was updated to 3.1E...I guess it depends on when you pull the plug
unsure.gif

Even though your GBAtemp-reputation smashes mine, I don't think you're correct on this one. SMG really doesn't have the latest update included. Or is this all just randomness? Note: I let the SSBB(J) update run to 100%.

MelonSmasher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
vate unser this time you are unright!!
tongue.gif

i played smg much but before i updated brawl i connected to wifi and it was not even close to the newest update!!!

so you are wrong this time more people have make that mistake!!

LinkinParkmetre

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You only have to turn off the deflicker in 50HZ
Then go into 60HZ, the warning screen, and the loading screen won't appear, but after few second (30-45), you'll have the intro, and ALL your game in 60 HZ

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
To return to the original question of the topic starter:
TS said:
Is there a trick like the 50Hz, to turn it into 60Hz? Maybe up+A? Anyone experienced?
I assume that by 60 Hz you mean 480p? If so I believe you can force your Wii to start in 480p mode by bridging points 8 and 10 on the Wii's video out cables (--> not sure but I think the original Nintendo Component cables do so).

http://nfggames.com/wiki/doku.php?id=av:wii_multi_av_pinout

QUOTE(nfggames.com/wiki)MODE pins: on PAL systems the default output is RGB + Composite, on NTSC the default is Svideo + Composite. With 8&10 shorted systems from both territories will switch to component video.

badabing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
To return to the original question of the topic starter:
TS said:
Is there a trick like the 50Hz, to turn it into 60Hz? Maybe up+A? Anyone experienced?
I assume that by 60 Hz you mean 480p? If so I believe you can force your Wii to start in 480p mode by bridging points 8 and 10 on the Wii's video out cables (--> not sure but I think the original Nintendo Component cables do so).

http://nfggames.com/wiki/doku.php?id=av:wii_multi_av_pinout

QUOTE(nfggames.com/wiki) said:
MODE pins: on PAL systems the default output is RGB + Composite, on NTSC the default is Svideo + Composite. With 8&10 shorted systems from both territories will switch to component video.

Wow. Thank you very much. I didn't even thought about going this far, will try it tomorrow!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1