Hacking For those who are having problems with ROPLoader

Roxas75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hei there! :)
I see most of you guys are having problems corrupting the ds mode with the ROPLoader, wich is the actually public installer for the 3ds exploit.
Well a solution to this is to edt the real Gateway installer to read decrypted data, but sharing it would be illegal, i think.
So i created this little tool as solution, wich encrypts/decrypts the Launcher.dat (or any other...) with the Gateway keys so you can use the original installer and encrypt all the homebrews.

Download here!

Usage : Just drag and drop the file you want on the tool, it will detetch if it's encrypted or decrypted, and will decrypt or encrypt it on his own.

For those who are developing with the current little public c/c++ libraries, just copy the tool in your developing directory and add this line at the end of build.py file:
Code:
os.system("3ds_mset_sign.exe Launcher.dat");
Then it will automatically encrypt the Launcher.dat for you every time you compile your code.

Roxas75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah, but in that other way you completely flash another user nvram instead of yours, so you'll lose your data.
Also, i coded it for myseldf to speedup my works, becouse use batch openssl everytime was wasting my time :P

PedroDJavier

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry. But, this is not working fine for me. When i drop the launcher.dat to the tool it closes. What can i do ?

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
I only have OSX and Linux machines...
Could I have the source code?

# I have tried Wine, but unfortunately this uses MSVCR100.dll...
There is a python script in my sig (in src folder) that does the same thing as roxas app.
You'll need to install https://www.dlitz.net/software/pycrypto/ module for python though. The exe might work in vine however.

Reactions: Margen67

avenir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you...

So,
1. Install GW_Installer.nds using flashcart (here I used AK2i)
2. Encrypt Launcher.dat using your py
3. Load DS Profile

Now I see the first 3DS application.

avenir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a small encrypter named gatewayize in Ruby and C, to make sure my understanding.
At least I was able to load TE3DS using Gateway loader.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ry6d4eyc8p1ujdd/gatewayize.zip

My 3DS journey has just begun (well, I reinitialized my 3DS data 5 times today. I shouldn't play AR games stuff again until the situation becomes stable)...

Reactions: hippy dave

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I assume this will not fully decrypt GW's launcher.dat (so as to allow for modification/reverse engineering of it)
Nonetheless an useful tool for homebrew devs and users.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Nope if I understand correctly the gateway launcher has several stages of encryption, most of which happen on the 3ds itself, this just has the first layer, enough for their roploader to read a homebrew loader that is using the first stage of their encryption

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Hei there! :)
I see most of you guys are having problems corrupting the ds mode with the ROPLoader, wich is the actually public installer for the 3ds exploit.
Well a solution to this is to edt the real Gateway installer to read decrypted data, but sharing it would be illegal, i think.
So i created this little tool as solution, wich encrypts/decrypts the Launcher.dat (or any other...) with the Gateway keys so you can use the original installer and encrypt all the homebrews.

Download here!

Usage : Just drag and drop the file you want on the tool, it will detetch if it's encrypted or decrypted, and will decrypt or encrypt it on his own.

For those who are developing with the current little public c/c++ libraries, just copy the tool in your developing directory and add this line at the end of build.py file:
Code:
os.system("3ds_mset_sign.exe Launcher.dat");
Then it will automatically encrypt the Launcher.dat for you every time you compile your code.

Any chance you can provide something to decrypt/encrypt the launcher.dat in the spiderhax folder of your rxTools source code? That's really the only part not open sourced. Unless you used an already public method. Then let us know what that is so it can be modified. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    To sleep perchance to dream!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My state has put a heavy tax on vape juice, taxing any juice with nicotine by the weight/oz. So to get around the bs, my local vape store only sells 0 nicotine vape juices, then they also sell straight nicotine in tiny bottles, and you mix it yourself to your 0% juice, lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, is that Wing from South Park?
    BigOnYa hmmm I wonder how long until someone just vapes the straight nicotine lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was gonna say people are not that dumb, but yea you right, some are.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People have put 50mg salt nic in straight subohm coils which is like more powerful hits
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey psi, do they have dress codes down there in FLa, here there are signs on stores that say "No shirt, no service" but curious bout down yonder
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I tried the salts and too strong for me, I prefer the norm juice
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In Florida they don't serve you if you have clothes on
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking raining again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    How can you tell, do you see rain drops on top of other rain drops?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can tell by whenever your wife done letting out loud ass moans then I get her a ticket back home
    +1
    @BigOnYa, yeah most places demand clothes and shoes, unless it's some really back water place that I am unaware of lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Cool, I got lunch money for tomorrow then.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @K3Nv2 call uremum Sloppenheimer the way she givin me this bomb head
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I call uremum alzheimer she forgets to leave
    +1
    Time to start a vape straight nicotine challenge, Darwin be praised!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Imagine if Hitler had vapes, we promise it's not cyanide it'll help you quit nicotine
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please, walk into my patented vape chamber, aka the non smoking area
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I do wonder how dominate Germany would've been if they just enlisted Jewish people
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They actually enlisted Muslims, seriously, because the Muslims hates Jews, even tho it was not the supreme race. He claimed common hate, is friendship.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He could've just made them walking shields kind of a dumb ass move
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/3km8bqC lol cd level quality I fucking hope so
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So a man, wifey laying in bed, and man wants sum and rubs on her a little, she turns and says "Not tonight, I have a gyno apt in the morning." So man rolls over, but after few minutes starts rubbing her again. She says didn't you here me, no messing around, I have a gyno apt tomorrow. " Man says, "Well you don't have a dentist apt tomorrow also do you?"
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: So a man, wifey laying in bed, and man wants sum and rubs on her a little, she turns and says...