Homebrew Discussion Flycast Dreamcast Emulator Is Coming Soon

Codiox

Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
Damn, there are glitches that makes phantasy star online unplayable. It runs in full speed but you can't see shit. :(

SolidAlexei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you tried the European versions for these? San Francisco Rush 2049 (U) crashed in the title screen but the (E) version runs great!
Thanks so much! I can confirm that European version of Vigilante 8 works like a charm!!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I only get to the "pess Start" menu. Spamed start for 10 minutes, but nothing happened.
I have downloaded the .GDI version instead of .CDI and it launches into main menu without hiccups.

Reactions: swutch

swutch

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thanks i just checked it, and i have the GDI version too.
i have noticed that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, i don't know why.

edit:
-----------------------
but when it runs, it runs really well, even in high resolutions (1920x1440).
Even better with the option "Widescreen Cheats (Restart)" "ON".

I found this Hex patch, but it doesn't seem to work with flycast:

60fps Patch for:
Star Wars - Episode I - Racer T23001N V1.001

60fps
0106356A
00003C88

1AE4DE4A offset track5.bin

Last edited by swutch,

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dead or Alive 2 running full speed SWEET! got the Dolphin Blue running at full speed on Sammy Atomiswave its awesome!! The House of the Dead 2 running !

Last edited by FanNintendo,
Reactions: KiiWii

AN7H0W20N

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
what about vita no flycast or reicast avalible on retroarch

what about the vita port i thought retroarch has every emulator missing are gamecube,ps2,flycast or reicast i love the dreamcast

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

what about the vita port i thought retroarch has every emulator missing are gamecube,ps2,flycast or reicast i love the dreamcast

I see that you're a noob, so let me explain; on PC, where the only ceiling to performance is your setup, every core in RA is made available to download. On other systems like the Switch, PS Vita, PS3, or Single-Board PCs like the Raspberry Pis or the ODroid XU4 (the one I personally use), not every core is necessarily available to download for those systems because your chances of getting much more past the Atomiswave on the ODroid XU4 is up a rat's ass in terms of practicality (I heard DS emulation is OK as well, but the DS is one of those systems you kind of need the OG hardware for, IMHO), and the same for the Switch. I have never used a PS Vita myself, but from what I remember reading about the hardware, it didn't exactly set the hardware world on fire where the latest Android Phone or tablet at the time could do more than anything the Vita could hope to do outside of having some exclusive games that eventually either became multi-platform, stayed in Japan, or were those 50 (I'm being very generous with this estimate) legit exclusive games that didn't get a port or remaster on a newer, more relevant system or platform.

tl;dr - as much as I hate to be blunt, the Vita and the PSTV are dead and while they may get new homebrew or continue to be supported, don't count on a demanding emulator like flycast to be supported any time soon. The only reason the PSVita can run stuff like PS1 games is because the company that made the Vita also made the PS1!

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The Vita is probably never going to get those, even Swtch doesn't have some of those that work fully on it's native OS and the PS2 emulator on Lakka runs terrible PS2 will likely never be emulated on Switch or Vita properly, but if you want a portable Dreamcast get an unpatched Switch.

Reactions: Silent_Gunner

AN7H0W20N

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thats really disappointed technically retroarch isnt a all in 1 emulator i dontown a phone or a crappy switch i own a ps4 and a vita the dreamcast isnt the most advanced computer in the world vita is more powerful im gonna try and make a port feel really let down such a classic the vita running cfw

jeferey

Trophies
XP
Country
France
i

I test with atmosphere and run great, but speed devils bug (not on reicast) and soulcalibur glitch (same reicast), trickstyle dosen't work for me, and hydro thunder black screen, my games in EU/PAL is for that? I take the latest version on github, soulfighter run very well (on reicast doesn't work) and save doesn't work? normal?

i

I test with atmosphere and run great, but speed devils bug (not on reicast) and soulcalibur glitch (same reicast), trickstyle dosen't work for me, and hydro thunder black screen, my games in EU/PAL is for that? I take the latest version on github, soulfighter run very well (on reicast doesn't work) and save doesn't work? normal?
and sonic adventure run very well, but the 2 glitch same with reicast , level 1...

Esppiral

Trophies
XP
Country
Anytime I try to boot a naomi game my switch crashes and I have to hard reboot the console otherwise it will crash constantly how do people boot naomi games? I have the bios and games in place I don't know what's wrong.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anytime I try to boot a naomi game my switch crashes and I have to hard reboot the console otherwise it will crash constantly how do people boot naomi games? I have the bios and games in place I don't know what's wrong.

Only .zip are working, you'll probably find them among Mame roms.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That means the only options could be your bios are wrong or not named right or the source you're using to get those roms isn't working, which means try another website.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-