Homebrew Discussion Flycast Dreamcast Emulator Is Coming Soon

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
also in Phantasy Star Online (the entire screen is vertices, though fenagling the camera can reveal the actual graphics behind it being fine with enough tenacity
Any fix/workaround for the PSO glitching?

I’d hoped it was an issue related to the (seemingly abandoned) reicast port, but nope it’s like it using flycast too. At least the text renders correctly on flycast.

BareBearHands

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone had any success with Monkey Ball? I haven’t mucked around with it too much probably because I have a bunch of bum files, but if anyone has the opportunity to check I’d appreciate it!

Volkaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone been able to get Space Channel 5 to run full speed? Even with lower settings and max OC, I'm still getting some lag/hiccups here and there. Is that just a limitation of the FMV backgrounds?

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I converted a bunch of games over to .chd files...and RA isn't letting me load the games with the flycast core. Anyone know what's up with that?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

EDIT: Never mind, figured it out.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

To post about another issue, I am copying my vmu files from the desktop, and the damn files ain't working right now. According to @SeongGino, they supposedly work. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is the functionality not implemented correctly yet? I tried setting up per-game saves, and it created a save file supposedly, but I'm trying to find a save file atm, and there's none to be found anywhere on the microSD card that's new. When I open up the VMU files that I have in the directory where RetroArch should be pointing to, it's the same file as the one I have on my desktop! So I don't know where in the fuck it's creating these phantom VMU files, but it certainly isn't where you'd expect!

Last edited by Silent_Gunner,

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's happened with yours truly as well, not just with flycast, but with more demanding cores like with the PCSX-ReARMed and Mupen64PLUS. Personally, I'm used to it at this point.
Not crash on "Close Content".
Edit: Oh I think I missread what he said..

komabear

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Is the version that's up on the retroarch app the same as the twitter one? I tried downloading it instead of using the twitter one because I guessed it would be newer, but after updating it seems a little more unstable. If I go to "close content" and try to open another game the previous game is the one that loads instead, but it runs much slower and buggier than before.. To reset everything I have to quit retroarch altogether and reopen it.

Esppiral

Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone been able to get Space Channel 5 to run full speed? Even with lower settings and max OC, I'm still getting some lag/hiccups here and there. Is that just a limitation of the FMV backgrounds?

Flycast does not come with the best performing settings by default, if you play with them you get full speed in 99% of games including space channel 5.

Alpha sorting- per strip

Div matching ON

Threaded rendering ON.

This settings should be set by default for Flycast for switch imho

With this setting most games run at fullspeed. you can also disable DSP.

Instandhaltung

I feel it. I feel the cosmos!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
To post about another issue, I am copying my vmu files from the desktop, and the damn files ain't working right now. According to @SeongGino, they supposedly work. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is the functionality not implemented correctly yet? I tried setting up per-game saves, and it created a save file supposedly, but I'm trying to find a save file atm, and there's none to be found anywhere on the microSD card that's new. When I open up the VMU files that I have in the directory where RetroArch should be pointing to, it's the same file as the one I have on my desktop! So I don't know where in the fuck it's creating these phantom VMU files, but it certainly isn't where you'd expect!

This seems not to work properly right now. I also tried the "per game" vmu option, and the files were made and the game saved during gameplay, but the files disappered afterwards. Retroarch seems to delete them. The "one vmu for all games" option seems to work fine though.

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This seems not to work properly right now. I also tried the "per game" vmu option, and the files were made and the game saved during gameplay, but the files disappered afterwards. Retroarch seems to delete them. The "one vmu for all games" option seems to work fine though.

The saves are stored in wherever you have the BIOSes are, I discovered.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i crash on loading a game, every time. i added the dc_flash and dc_boot under /retroarch/bios/. downloaded latest nightly core and retroarch. other emulators run fine. the games im loading work fine in reicast as well.

let me guess? its because im on SXOS -_-?

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i crash on loading a game, every time. i added the dc_flash and dc_boot under /retroarch/bios/. downloaded latest nightly core and retroarch. other emulators run fine. the games im loading work fine in reicast as well.

let me guess? its because im on SXOS -_-?

This won't work at all on SX OS period.

Reactions: VashTS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill