flashing original bios with a modchip

stinus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
so a friend of mine found two xboxes in he's electronics dump at work. one v1.0 (with a fan) with a xenium ice chip and another fully original but turns out to be a v1.6.
both xbox where not working, but i got them fixed. the v1 was a very easy fix as the xenium chip has al little solderless cable that wasnt sticking in its place, put it in the right hole and was fixed. the second v1.6 had 5 busted and leaking caps that i replaced and is booting back up.
both have working dvd drives wich is a nice + point.
now my friend asked me to make one for him and the second i can keep.
problem is i want to put sata drives in both of them, and as the v1.6 is a softmod, i need a chip for it ( wich i have in my v1.0).
so coming to the point , i have no original drive for the v1.0, but i have the eeprom backup from the hdd as i tested it won't function with a unlocked drive only with the 120gb drive tha comes with it.
is there a way i can flash the onboard bios of the v1.0 back to a softmod, or original and then softmod it and then switch the chip to the v1.6 so i can use that one with larger bios and hdd capability's ?
thanks in advance.

Reactions: Alexander1970

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
so a friend of mine found two xboxes in he's electronics dump at work. one v1.0 (with a fan) with a xenium ice chip and another fully original but turns out to be a v1.6.
both xbox where not working, but i got them fixed. the v1 was a very easy fix as the xenium chip has al little solderless cable that wasnt sticking in its place, put it in the right hole and was fixed. the second v1.6 had 5 busted and leaking caps that i replaced and is booting back up.
problem is i want to put sata drives in both of them, and as the v1.6 is a softmod, i need a chip for it ( wich i have in my v1.0).
so coming to the point , i have no original drive for the v1.0, but i have the eeprom backup from the hdd as i tested it won't function with a unlocked drive only with the 120gb drive tha comes with it.
is there a way i can flash the onboard bios of the v1.0 back to a softmod, or original and then softmod it and then switch the chip to the v1.6 so i can use that one with larger bios and hdd capability's ?
thanks in advance.
@DinohScene is the resident Xbox guru around these parts :)

Reactions: stinus

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
thanks in advance.

Hello.:)

Maybe an Alternative for you:

You can get an Aladdin Chip from Amazon or Aliexpress (they are all the same):

https://www.amazon.de/Sairis-Professionelle-Hochtechnologie-Verwendung-Original-Mod-Chip/dp/B07ML3Q2XB/ref=sr_1_23?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&keywords=xbox+aladdin&qid=1573838287&sr=8-23

It cames with an BIOS for the 1.6 XBox.

The 1.6 needs the LCP Fix - 6 Wire install/soldering work,not to diffcult (I did it, so it can not be that hard...:D ).

1.jpg

(Bottom Side of the Mainboard)

The Aladdin XT Mod Chip needs a little Modification too - XBox LIVE Function is no longer needed:

ALD-XTp2-install-2-1200xauto.jpg

Maybe an Alternative for you.:)

Thank you.:)

Last edited by Alexander1970,

stinus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
ok, i ordered it, damn that's dirty cheap. thanks.:D
you maybe now some good compatible ide to sata adapters, i have had 2 in the past that where incompatible, then ordered 2 other from amazon.com but one of those has already died . the startech costs me 30€ to get here, i think there is maybe some better pricing to find.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
ok, i ordered it, damn that's dirty cheap. thanks.:D
you maybe now some good compatible ide to sata adapters, i have had 2 in the past that where incompatible, then ordered 2 other from amazon.com but one of those has already died . the startech costs me 30€ to get here, i think there is maybe some better pricing to find.

Hello.:)

I have used 2 of this but unfortunately this is 3 Years ago,they are no longer available.:(
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00IMXX39W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This one works for the XBX is a cheap one and very small:

https://www.amazon.de/DIGITUS-DS-33151-1-SATA-Adapter-Gbit/dp/B0093LIY2S

You need a Power Adapter Cable like this:

https://www.amazon.de/Delock-83184-...HKJW28VDR95&psc=1&refRID=GV7GPH88PHKJW28VDR95

Thank you.:)

Last edited by Alexander1970,
Reactions: stinus

stinus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i have that exact adapter but it isnt working on any of the consoles here, and yes i have 80 pin ide adapter working fine with one of my boxes and the other green adapter.
its working fin on pc, just not on the xboxes.
the other i have are these
Code:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JVUXMRI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
but one of those already failed and the build quality is awfull.

thank you for the reply.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.