Hacking Flashing firmware / Using other branded software

sabih

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,

I have an Acekard 2.1 and wondering if its possible to install other branded firmware on the SDHC card instead of the official Acekard 2 or AKAIO firmware and if so, has anyone tried it and got it working.. ie. CycloDS firmware, M3Real firmware etc.

Secondly, i have changed within the Akaio firmware to auto load the cartidge firmware instead of boot to the standard screen and then select the Acekard 2. Is it possible to change this option back? Or at least get back to that original menu?

mrSmiles

Dundunduuuun
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1.You can install multiple firmware on the microsd card but you wont be able use any of them unless you have the cart specific to the firmware, therefor even if you have akiao, and cyclods firmware you can only use akaio on your Acekard2.1, of course if you have a cyclods you can switch between the two carts which is something i do.

2.Turn on your NDS without the flash cart and then change the setting.

AgvirtheSilent

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sabih said:
I have an Acekard 2.1 and wondering if its possible to install other branded firmware on the SDHC card instead of the official Acekard 2 or AKAIO firmware and if so, has anyone tried it and got it working.. ie. CycloDS firmware, M3Real firmware etc.
Aside from AKAIO and the official firmware, you can get YSMenu working (an easy way to set it up on the Acekard 2 can be found here) and the M3 Sakura firmware with DLDI partially working (it cannot run commercial games, so it works as an alternative to Moonshell).

sabih said:
Secondly, i have changed within the Akaio firmware to auto load the cartidge firmware instead of boot to the standard screen and then select the Acekard 2. Is it possible to change this option back? Or at least get back to that original menu?
By reading the AKAIO Wiki you can find out that

AKAIO Wiki
Autorun (hold down B at startup to cancel autorun)
will solve your problem.

sabih

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cheers..

Another quesion..

What is all the rave about this Panasonic formatter?

Is it that much better after formatting one's SDHC card (mines 8GB class 2)

AgvirtheSilent

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Panasonic SD Formatter properly formats the SD card to specifications (formatting the SD in your OS will not do this) and as such you will notice better performance from your MicroSD card. If you want to do a comparison test, you will notice after formatting with the Panasonic formatter there will be a drop in the amount of time that the Acekard 2 takes to read the MicroSD card in a folder with many files (more so in AKAIO 1.2 over AKAIO 1.3b2, I think).

dsoutware

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
since we are on this topic, just curious, what is the proper way to format the micro sd card with panasonic sd formater. is the quick format sufficient or should it be a full erase. thanks.

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sabih said:
Hi guys,

Sounds like you are talking about the auto mode in the DS menu. If so, you can take all the carts out and power on to get to the DS menu where you can also change this option.
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/dslite/hookups.jsp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-