Hardware Flashcart, local multiplayer not working for certain games

Dogson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I got a couple of flashcarts and DS Lites, a Supercard DSTwo (EOS 1.14, FWUpdate 1.25) and an Acekard 2i (Akaio 1.9.0). For the most part local multiplayer between these two works perfectly. Titles like NSMBDS, MKDS, Clubhouse Games, Mario Hoops, Mario Party DS (multicart debug patch), etc etc all work great. Doing multicart, not download play.

However Super Mario 64 DS and Cooking Mama 2 and 3, any version or region, can't hook up for local multiplayer. The bars stay red and the search is endless.
These are no intro clean"(Decrypted) (20210627-034629)" roms, but I've tried other dumps out there as well just to test. Loading set to "clean" instead of "patched" leads to a whitescreen on the DSTwo, DS download enabled is something you can tick in Akaio, there's also no cheats or anything enabled. I've tried the various combinations for these.

Is bad local multiplayer compatibility a known thing for DSTwo and Acekard 2i? Is there something I can do like patching or firmware wise for these carts?

Searches for this are completely drowned out by people talking about 3DS and other stuff like twilight menu, which as far as I understand it doesn't run on these flashcarts.

If I'm all out of options with the two flashcarts I already have, then what flashcarts should I get? There's a whole sea of them at this point, my only concerns are:

- Flashcart for DS/NDSL, no need for it to work for 3DS or DSi
- Working local wireless play for these problematic games
- Great DS game compatibility
- Decent loading speed (getting into the menu and the time it takes to load a game), the DSTwo is so much faster than Acekard 2i Akaio. It's a split second vs seconds, especially after making the DSTwo instantly load the game menu, bypassing the plugin menu.

Appreciate any responses, been searching for this like crazy recently.

4d1xlaan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there any chance the files for the roms could have gotten corrupted, when copying it to the card for example?

ages ago I had trouble with a friend doing trades in heartgold and soulsilver, it would keep disconnecting. once he had access to a computer again, we replaced the rom for his game and had no issues since, with the same flashcards and the same DSes

Dogson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
is there any chance the files for the roms could have gotten corrupted, when copying it to the card for example?

ages ago I had trouble with a friend doing trades in heartgold and soulsilver, it would keep disconnecting. once he had access to a computer again, we replaced the rom for his game and had no issues since, with the same flashcards and the same DSes
I've always had this multi-cart wireless problem with these two flashcarts and those specific games for a decade+, I'm today on newer sandisk SD cards and up to date verified roms and the supposed latest firmwares, but they still don't work with local wireless unlike the other games. I mentioned trying other region versions as well just in case those would behave differently, copying over the european roms was something I did afterwards just as a test, or trying the earlier SM64 revision for example.

It's something about these games, I remember reading about other people having issues with multiplayer with certain games and SM64DS in particular over a decade ago. But it's near impossible to find that kind of info now.

I'd love if someone could verify with their own DSTwo or Acekard2i, but if I can't get it to work with what I have, then a new flashcart recommendation that is guaranteed to make this work very appreciated.

assassinz

Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've always had this multi-cart wireless problem with these two flashcarts and those specific games for a decade+, I'm today on newer sandisk SD cards and up to date verified roms and the supposed latest firmwares, but they still don't work with local wireless unlike the other games. I mentioned trying other region versions as well just in case those would behave differently, copying over the european roms was something I did afterwards just as a test, or trying the earlier SM64 revision for example.

It's something about these games, I remember reading about other people having issues with multiplayer with certain games and SM64DS in particular over a decade ago. But it's near impossible to find that kind of info now.

I'd love if someone could verify with their own DSTwo or Acekard2i, but if I can't get it to work with what I have, then a new flashcart recommendation that is guaranteed to make this work very appreciated.
Does the DSTwo or Acekard have built-in/automatic rom patching? If so, that may be the problem. Disable it if possible and see if multiplayer works.

Dogson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Does the DSTwo or Acekard have built-in/automatic rom patching? If so, that may be the problem. Disable it if possible and see if multiplayer works.
Already explained that I tried this in the main post, just one and for both. : P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWFLZVtt_H8