Hacking Flash port on the same side as the microSD

bennyheartless

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question. I have a friend who thinks his m3i zero is fake because the flash port is on the same side as the microsd slot. I took a look at my own that I got recently and the flash slot is also on the same side as the sd slot. I went to youtube and also the official site and the flash port is on the opposite side of the sd slot. Everything else checks out. It runs fine in my ds lite. I get an sd card error sometimes in my XL which I mentioned in another post. Other than that it looks legit. Thoughts?
thanks,
-BH

(EDIT: Here are his pics from the original m3forum posting)

img36.imageshack.us/img36/1023/pa290136.jpg
img809.imageshack.us/img809/7030/pa290139.jpg
img534.imageshack.us/img534/6643/pa290143.jpg
img132.imageshack.us/img132/6136/pa290145.jpg

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Does it flash with the official flash firmware and run the official operating systems?
Flash firmware
Sakura
If it runs that operating system above (or any of the M3 operating systems, this including the Quad-Boot) Then it's a legit card that just happens to have the flash port under the SD slot

jon92388

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from the first photo it looks like exactly what came with mine. mine is an original one and i know with the m3 real they had redesigns after a while so its possible. I will check the cart when i get home.

bennyheartless

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I reflashed with the links above and it works. The other I posted worked too but was really slow. I'm guessing this new os doesn't support autopatching for the homebrews and the first one did. That kind of sucks. I can't speak for the guy on m3forum who posted the pics, but my jank is for real real. The sd card error I was getting seems to have lowered its percentage but is still not fixed. :/

sadak5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
This looks exactly the same as mine, even with the sd port and flash port at the same side as far as I remember, but I need to check it when I arrive at home.

jon92388

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looks like my card is a version 2 of it lol I ordered it when they came out though or at least I thought I did.
Anyways I took photos of my card as well and the model number on the back is real suspicious it says m3 nds real on it right? mine says m3i_v2_e2 if its an m3i why would it say its from the m3 real series? Also I noticed by the connectors mine has 2 strips of plastic holding it down and the one in the photos doesnt.

Here are the photos I took
img0515ol.jpg

img0517k.jpg

img0516n.jpg

img0518ej.jpg

And yes i am showing off my pikachu ds lol I am in love with the thing
wub.gif

bennyheartless

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, those look like the same pics. It was just posted at m3forum though. http://www.m3iforum.com/index.php?topic=561
You can see I've been posting to the guy as my interest was peaked since I had the same card. I think it's a zero though. I mean, is there a definitive way to tell? That's pretty F'ed up if it's a real and they sold it to me as a zero. In the pics from the old thread, you can see that it says m3 nds real on the cart. My cart says m3i 32m tsop then it looks like it might say v1. Since both our carts say m3i I think ours are legit and a redesign.

jon92388

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well there is a lot of fakes going around where did you buy your card? Ive seen the fakes work in my LL as well too. My friend has one where the circuit board is red and its a fake one. What color is yours? M3 does do redesigns so i dont know when you put it in your ds what game does it say it is? mine says its danny phantom

jon92388

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got mine from consolesourse awhile ago it could just be a redesign as for your memory problems why not try a better memory card im using a japanese Kingston HC 8gb class 4 and i have never had a problem with it

bennyheartless

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well I have a class 6 adata and a supercard dstwo coming some time this week as well. Since the m3i zero works fine in the dslite, that will probably be its home and the new gear will go in the dsxl. At least that way, my girlfriend and I can play mariokart without having to use the bootleg one cart version.

jon92388

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bennyheartless said:
well I have a class 6 adata and a supercard dstwo coming some time this week as well. Since the m3i zero works fine in the dslite, that will probably be its home and the new gear will go in the dsxl. At least that way, my girlfriend and I can play mariokart without having to use the bootleg one cart version.

well thats always the easiest route lol but I was just thinking do you use sakura or touchpod? sometimes it messed up when im using sakura on my ll like the game will start to launch then freeze but if im using touchpod i never have a problem.

bennyheartless

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
M3 says it's a contact issue, but no amount of paper trick fixes it. I didn't think there was that big of a difference between the slot for dslite and dsxl, but it seems to work pretty well in the lite and about 45% of the time in the xl. The first firmware I downloaded didn't even HAVE sakura in it. It seems to have a higher success ration when I'm booting to sakura, but that really shouldn't have anything to do with the sd card reading. I'm hoping a better card and the teeth on the dstwo fix my issue in the xl

jon92388

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes its really hard to get my m3i out of my dsl like i have to pull it out so i am guessing there is a difference but i wish you luck with the dstwo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [goes back to 🛌 ] zzzzzzzzzzzzzz +1