Hacking Flash Card to Play GBA, SNES and DS on a DSi XL. HELP!

garache

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, the last time i bought a flash cart was the R4 revolution for the DS Lite and that was quite a while.

So now i have a DSi XL and i know that the R4 doesnt work on it. Given the endless ammount of possibilities, i wanted some help to pick the best cart regarding its price and how good it runs, emulation wise. That is all im interested in.

All i care about it is to be able to play some translated gems that didnt get the chance to come to the west. GBA, SNES and DS. I dont care about other mambo jambo like extra features and whatnot.

Note - I also have a 3DS Xl, but i dunno if it makes any difference using the same cart on different consoles. IM A NOOB.

Thanks!

Last edited by garache,

SebPlaysGamesYT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You might want to install arm9loaderhax onto your 3dsxl and then buy an r4i dual core for ds games. You can find more info at reddit.com/r/3dshacks.

D

Deleted User

GBA games you can play directly but snes games you can play directly only on the new 3ds i think. Or you can use snes emulator but this emulator is pretty terrible.

garache

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So correct if im wrong but i don´t need a cart to play GBA on the 3DS if i use arm9loaderhax? But i need a cart for the rest, right? Thanks, again.

SebPlaysGamesYT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So correct if im wrong but i don´t need a cart to play GBA on the 3DS if i use arm9loaderhax? But i need a cart for the rest, right? Thanks, again.

You only need the flashcart for the DS games. The emulator on o3ds for snes is fine and works very well, so I don't know why sergey3000 is saying it's terrible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...