"Five Nights at Freddy's" 1 & 2 receive fan-made unofficial ports for the original Sony PlayStation

design-sans-titre-fhdgrcp8.png

While the hype of the Five Nights at Freddy's franchise has surely died down over the last years (outside of the movie), that hasn't stopped homebrew developers from working into the classics and trying to bring them into other consoles, even consoles from before the franchise's inception.

A developer by the name of Soeiz has worked for over a year on porting not only the first FNAF game, but also its direct sequel FNAF 2 into the original PlayStation. Soeiz's initial releases for both games were done around a year and 8 months ago, respectively, but both games have been receiving several updates since then, with FNAF 1 currently sitting at v1.2.5 and FNAF 2 currently at v1.0.2. FNAF 1 had its latest update 4 months ago while FNAF 2 saw its latest release just a month ago.

As for features that this port implements over the original, Soeiz offers unique options not found in the original game. Soeiz added a 2 player mode, some easter eggs and also way more options to "Custom Night", as well as other new things.

I've made the port of the legendary video game FNaF 1 into... The PlayStation 1 !
If you want to make a video about it and post it on youtube (for example), I can add your video here ! (if I like it c:)

Game discord server : https://discord.gg/DQbWVtKHnw

Source code : https://github.com/Soeiz/FNaF-PS1-Project

By using ancient scrolls left by the ancestors (psyq + nugget sdk) I've made my way into playstation 1 programmation, and now I developed this game, or this demake.

Because this demake is not something you have to play on PC with a .exe, you'll have to play it with an ps1 emulator, or the actual console !

If you want to play on the real hardware, you'd have to modchip it, use the disc swap method or FreePSXBoot ! (google it)

The game has unique things that were not on the OG game, such as two player mode, Custom night with far more options, easter eggs, and more !

Those interested in playing these ports by Soeiz of the first two entries for the FNAF franchise on their PlayStation, can do so by visiting their releases page on GameJolt. These ports should also be compatible with PS1/PSX emulators too.

:arrow: Five Nights at Freddy's for the PlayStation
:arrow: GitHub repository for FNAF1 on PSX
:arrow: Five Nights at Freddy's 2 for the PlayStation
:arrow: GitHub repository for FNAF2 on PSX

Robert Newbie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I admit, I haven't played a FNAF game (yet), but I really appreciate ports that bring more recent games to retro consoles. Members on here have probably noticed that I get excited over Dreamcast ports and Infidelity's SNES ports of NES games.

Based on what I know of the first FNAF games, I think they'd be right at home on the PSOne. Kudos to Soeiz.

AkiraKurusu

Stratospheric Thunder!
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Fnaf is a great game/story fun,exciting,spooky. One of my alternative favorites. I hope it never dies. :D
Aside from the last one anyway, the only one not made by Scott (afaik it was developed by a different team, thereby needlessly undoing the satisfying ending of Scott's last game).

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, the games do have that pre-rendered look that a lot of PS1 games used back in the day, I guess, lol.
It's not gonna get me to play them games, but nice work to the people that ported them games.

Robert Newbie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because kids love spooky harmless stuff and stuffed toys. A match made in heaven. It will never die.
So true. These days, it's all about SCP-096, The Backrooms(tm), Cartoon Cat, etc. When I was a kid, horror wasn't as accessible. We were lucky if we could watch Treehouse of Horror or Tales from the Crypt without parental intervention. You had bragging rights in the lunchroom, if you got to see a horror movie.

Now, kids can load scary stuff up on Youtube, app stores, etc.

Reactions: JustABadger

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3N-2lIE11k