Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
WiiWare service launched today on Japan and people who downloaded the game Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life As A King received a message saying that the game will require additional points for additional data or services. The message came with the red symbol Nintendo talked about.

thumb463x_dsc04659.jpg

Jeux-France reports that the game will charge for DLC. Looks like the game will let the player download new buildings and characters for prices between 100 and 300 yen (1 to 3 dollars I think).

source: http://kotaku.com/371728/wiiware-extra-pay...e-games-go-live and http://www.jeux-france.com/news25507_ffcc-...tenu-en-dl.html

jgu1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i remember correctly, the rate for yen to dollars is like 115 yen for 1 dollar. I'm not sure though cause this might be out of date.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
jgu1994 said:
So now canada=usa=japan dollars
sleep.gif
Soon it'll be australian dollars = US dollars
rofl2.gif

BTT: I'll laugh at the fools who'll pay for extra content for a fucking $15 minigame
glare.gif

Edit: whoops, didn't see the mod edits when I wrote this post...don't ban, kthxbai

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
If Pay-to-Play is just for stuff like DLC, instead of actually playing online, that's cool with me. 50p for extra content doesn't sound so bad, provided it's a fair amount and they don't abuse DLC.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It is just DLC, just like some 360 and some PS3 games have had already ... I think Pay-to-Play is going to be mis-interpreted by many ... they will think it is a subscription service, as opposed to just buying extra content.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Teej said:
If Pay-to-Play is just for stuff like DLC, instead of actually playing online, that's cool with me. 50p for extra content doesn't sound so bad, provided it's a fair amount and they don't abuse DLC.

I hope they have $5 horse armor!

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
thebobevil said:
It is just DLC, just like some 360 and some PS3 games have had already ... I think Pay-to-Play is going to be mis-interpreted by many ... they will think it is a subscription service, as opposed to just buying extra content.
I believe it'll be both...

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
jumpman17 said:
The Teej said:

I hope they have $5 horse armor!

Now now, don't be mean
tongue.gif
They already said it'd be $1-3, hehe.

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Everytime you get: Thanks for playing! every 20 min. and you have to pay to continue
tongue.gif

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
The thing was better explained now..

QUOTE said:
If you want to recruit Yukes, Lilties or Selkies you have to pony up extra dough to construct a building for them. No wonder we’ve seen mostly Clavats adventurers so far! I just imagined the Leo was King of a Clavat country.

Additional costumes will be available for Leo and Chancellor Chime too like this pirate set. Square Enix has not announced final pricing for each item, but downloadable content falls between 100 – 300 Wii Points ($1 - $3) a piece. I imagine costumes will take the lower end of the sliding scale ringing in at 100 Wii Points a piece. Buildings to recruit extra races will obviously cost more. Hopefully not 300 Wii Points per race.
source: http://www.siliconera.com/2008/03/25/extra...king-explained/

So, you have to pay to have more races in the game..

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FAST6191 said:
Wonder if it will be true downloads of just glorified unlock codes..........

6 of one, half a dozen of the other ... probably.

The first few will be unlocks, I reckon ... then, the real new content will emerge.

It's like the weekly Prof. Layton 'downloads' ... all that is happening is another locked puzzle, already in the game, is being opened for use.

Neko

Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Whoa. DLC on my Wii. That's cool. I love DLC. Even bought some on my 360. I hope they make some sort of wiipoints for it instead of chargin your credit card.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1