First official build of RetroArch for the Nintendo Switch out now

D6D0FEBC-2D43-4E51-B578-AF0FB2C831D2.jpeg

The evolution of the Nintendo Switch hacking scene takes a major step forward with the impending release of RetroArch, a wildly popular emulator frontend. Known for being on nearly every possible platform under the sun, RetroArch’s development team has brought about the first official build of a version for the Nintendo Switch. If you install it onto your Switch, you can expect features like savestates, OpenGL support, and even netplay. The usual suspects of games from the NES, SNES, and GBA run well, and there’s even PS1 titles booting, to various results. RetroArch has already been running on the Switch in the past, (through Lakka) but this will be the first officially supported version by the Libretro team, and means that active development will include a Nintendo Switch version with each major update. A full version is scheduled to drop soon, with a nightly build at the link below.

:download: Source

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I go back to the main menu on RetroArch, on retronx you would press both stick buttons to go to the menu, so far with this the only way I know how to select a different game is to exit to home menu then go back to homebrew channel and reload RetroArch.

D

Deleted User

Will this work on sx os w/exfat formatted sd?

i know there is alot of confusion on this. Do not use this with exfat. Heck I am of the opinion THE ONLY thing exfat is to be used for is games that have large nsp updates. Other than that split your xci and use fat32 for this particular homebrew. YOU WERE WARNED.

D

Deleted User

I am using this on exfat and was using the unofficial retroarch for several months also with an exfat formatted SD card. I never ran into any trouble.
I thought exactly the same thing, thought everything was fine and dandy for months until it corrupted literally everything on my SD.

You can keep going with exfat if you really care about your backups, but you'll know it when you see it.

hellionz

Trophies
XP
Country
RE2 and FFT work flawlesly .......it is marvelous...i will format my retropie SD to use it in another Switch MicroSD.

thx for this great work.....back to play on TV with good quality on PSX is magical for me

Greetings

D

Deleted User

I thought exactly the same thing, thought everything was fine and dandy for months until it corrupted literally everything on my SD.

You can keep going with exfat if you really care about your backups, but you'll know it when you see it.
True. I used exfat since launch and it worked flawless until yesterday. I lost all files except the switch folder with homebrew xD

(Other files had less used space and other bugs occured)

But sadly it corrupted settings of the switch itself too. It didnt shutdown completely after a shutdown (joycons were connected but display and all was off - no autorcm btw!)
Had to factory reset to fix this mess xD

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)